Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone else have this problem?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brokenmoped
Hey everyone,

Just got my teener a couple days ago. LOVE IT! It runs fine, almost everything works, handles amazingly. I have an aftermarket Earl's oil cooler in the front trunk and noticed that the hoses ran in the front right wheel well - completely exposed to rocks, etc. Is this normal? Can I just put some sheet metal or something over the hoses? Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,

Corey
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (brokenmoped @ Jul 28 2005, 04:22 PM)
noticed that the hoses ran in the front right wheel well - completely exposed to rocks, etc. Is this normal?

are they braided steel-sheathed hoses?
if so, don't worry.

if they're just FLAPS rubber oil hose, some kind of cover couldn't hurt.
enclosing them completely will affect their ability to radiate heat, so maybe something like a nice hardware cloth (or stainless steel mesh if that's in your budget) would be nice.
zymurgist
The PO of my 911 hooked up an oil cooler in that location. The cooler is shrouded with some kind of perforated metal sheet (don't know if it's Al or Fe) and the hoses, although rubber, were custom fabricated by a shop specializing in hydraulics. Seems to work OK.
brokenmoped
They're rubber, so I guess I'll go the steel mesh route. Thanks guys.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.