Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What are these front brake calipers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GregAmy
Little bit of a discussion going on in the Classified section but I'm kinda stumped. I'm trying to sell some calipers that I believe are NOS 914. They came in a parts box with my 914 project car (rustoration, crap interior and paint, non-running engine and transaxle.)

Simply put, they have the hex bolt design and dual bleeders of the later 914 calipers but they have the offset of the earlier calipers. Based on my measurements they should bolt right onto an earlier car.

I suppose I could shave ~2.5mm off the ears of these so that can be used for a later car, but I'd prefer to get a handle on this before I do.

Thoughts?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
GregAmy
OK, further discussion within the listing. The body thickness/piston is the early size, the offset is the early distance, but the bolts are the later hex bolt design.

Seems these may be some kind of rare "crossover" caliper for the early cars? I've never heard of it before, but I guess I'm not surprised.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=356856
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.