Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Question on this lifter
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
swood
Just a simple question. How can you tell the difference between mechanical and hydraulic lifters? My old stock ones were solid, but my new ones "914 high performance race" from Web are two piece. I thought that hydraulics were two piece and mechanical were solid. These were made by Johnston before they went under.
swood
redshift
Even the solid ones are two-piece.

M
Brad Roberts
Stick a pushrod into it and push down while its on the desk. If it moves more than .001 its a HYD. (it wont move my dizzle)

B
maf914
Check out this thread from the STF T4. It contains some info concerning the new Web Cam lifters. Plus some info on LN Engineering's ceramic T4 lifter.

http://shoptalkforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=...er=asc&start=60

Mike
Qarl
http://www.asksnoop.com

This will Shizzolate anywebsite for you. Unfortunately, it has problems with some nested pages.

Type in a page with a lot of text on it... notice the subtle changes in the words.

For example cnn.com becomes a little more amusing.

It's also a bit slow!
SirAndy
QUOTE(kellzey @ Jul 23 2003, 12:31 PM)
http://www.asksnoop.com

This will Shizzolate anywebsite for you. Unfortunately, it has problems with some nested pages.

Type in a page with a lot of text on it... notice the subtle changes in the words.

For example cnn.com becomes a little more amusing.

It's also a bit slow!

this is f**ing funny:

from the snooped up CNN homepage:

Shooting at N.Y. City Hall
One person wuz capped 'n another wounded in a shooting today at New York's City Hall, 'n da shooter remains at large, according New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg." Councilman Joel Rivera be like da gunman wuz talking wit Councilman James Davis 'n then pulled out a handgun 'n shot tha dude's ass n' shit.

The mayor wuz in tha dude's office at da time of da shooting but wuz unharmed, know what I'm sayin'? "This is an attack on democracy," be like Bloomberg n' shit. "This is not terrorism -- that shiznit appears be a random act, know what I'm sayin'? "
Brad Roberts
Kickass... clap56.gif

The Snoop translater.

B
Jeff Krieger
What a celebration of stupidity! I wish Kurt was still around to take care of "snoop".
Brad Roberts
Alfred... can you just laugh with us about how stupid it is ??

B
914werke
Here we go again, no what Im sayin sad.gif
Back OT isn there any Part #/s on the lifters/followers to ID them from Hyd to mech. n'schnizit? blink.gif
redshift
Karlizzle, I just shizzled milkizzle through my shnizzle.

lol

M
Qarl
From Krieger's idiotic link...

After Germany's capitulation, he was captured and put on trial for the murder of Canadian prisoners-of-war.

Yes, if Kurt were still around, maybe he'd take care of another Canadian! agree.gif

(Sorry to the other Canadian members on the board that don't seem to have any problems for what we all post and discuss here).
Qarl
Oh... and rdauenhauer and swood... sorry to Hijack the thread here. I've never actually seen the silly show everyone is chuckling about.

Wish I had an answer on your lifter and follower problem.

Regards,

Karl
SirAndy
QUOTE(kellzey @ Jul 23 2003, 02:25 PM)

After Germany's capitulation, he was captured and put on trial for the murder of Canadian prisoners-of-war.

don't give jeffred too much credit by comparing him to a prisoner of war ...
know what I'm sayin'?
swood
Dude, you guys kill. I go away for a few hours, with only B responding to my lame post, come back and it's ebonics land again.
Too funny.
and thanks for nothing

bootyshake.gif
Brad Roberts
No part numbers.. not much room on them for stamping/grinding a number into them.

When they come out of a motor.. I use a paint marker and put what cylinder number and I or E on them.

B
914werke
Ok one more try.... mad.gif
Fizzel this: Other the Raby, has anyone had any experiance with "Ceramic" followers why are they the Shnizit!
Moronic minds have to know cool_shades.gif
swood
QUOTE(redshift @ Jul 23 2003, 01:19 PM)
Karlizzle, I just shizzled milkizzle through my shnizzle.

lol

M

Now that is just pretty darn funny...funizzle. It's contagious isn't it?

B - Part # WEB #00-263 914 Hi performance race lifter
redshift
The idea of ceramic folowizzlers is making the whole valveizzletraintizzle lighter. (izzle)

My lastizzle hurrahfizzle, I can't keep this up in da house, you know what I mean?

M
Brad Roberts
Its down like this:

Ceramic is much lighter. The lighter the valvetrain the easier it is on the valve springs (higher RPM is obtainable without valve float)..and the heads will last longer.. because you dont have to run some ungodly valve spring seat pressures.

My Dizzle.

B
Mueller
Those ceramic lifters are tempting....hmmmm, what could I sell to finance those puppies......????

Anyone want to buy my first generation Megasquirt? Already built and ready to go smile.gif

The Web-Cam lifters are 140.00 and the ceramic are 400.00 FYI
Brad Roberts
I want full roller lifters for our cars... less friction.

B
Mueller
New Roller Lifter Design

Our lifter bores are ~24mm, these new roller lifters need a 1" bore for the sleeve.

My concern would be whether or not the rollers will get enough oil support the roller and keep it lubed.

The price is 920 for 16 (enough for two engines) anyone want to split a set???

I wonder if they'll sell just one lifter and roller for testing??
Brad Roberts
How about you shrink the MF'ers down a little... jeez.

B
Brad Roberts
Ahh yes.. Mr. Lakewood. Hard to beleive he was hydroforming back in the late 70's and we are just now seeing the prices for equipment drop below a million dollars.

B
Mueller
Sorry about that, I linked right off of his site and those pictures are not even close to being that big........
redshift
I'd love rollers.

That Pauter stuff looks a lil much for the street... just about right!

M
redshift
Oh my god... I just realized what I am looking at..

That is too cool.

M
Bleyseng
I wouldn't worry Mike that the rollers will get enough oil. Remember the cam is below the crank and gets all that oil being flung off the crank. Its not like a OHC motor at all.

The pics are worth drooling over! How much?

Geoff
Mark Henry
The ceramics are $430. from LN, but he wants you to ship your case to him for machining, the lifters are .002 oversize.

For us poor Canucks, exchange, case shipping, brokerage, taxes and etc... we're talking about 8 to 900 bucks. Ouch, too much. Sounds cool though. idea.gif

Don't rollers add weight to the valve train?

MDB2.gif
Jeff Krieger
QUOTE(kellzey @ Jul 23 2003, 02:25 PM)

Yes, if Kurt were still around, maybe he'd take care of another Canadian! agree.gif

(Sorry to the other Canadian members on the board that don't seem to have any problems for what we all post and discuss here).

I was watching a program about WWII on the Canadian version of the History Channel a few years ago and they had a History Professor there discussing the program and he said matter of factly that more German POWs died in Allied POW camps than Allied Pows died in German POW camps. For many years, there was even a newspaper columnist here, named Doug Collins, who was a British WWII vet and he held some kind of record for most escape attempts from a German POW camp. He had a very positive view of Germans but he was completely racist. Maybe he was contrasting his experience in a German POW camp with that of the British in Japanese POW camps. Kellzey, not everything you were taught or believe is true.
Jeff Krieger
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 23 2003, 02:28 PM)
don't give jeffred too much credit by comparing him to a prisoner of war ...
know what I'm sayin'?

No, explain it for me...

IPB Image
Aaron Cox
hey jeff/alfred/mr scwhenk..... i take it thats you? i agree....not everything you are taught is true.....THE WORLD IS FLAT...I knew IT!!!!!!!!!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeff Krieger @ Jul 23 2003, 09:07 PM)
No, explain it for me...

Alfred/Jeff,
i know you're attracted to tall, blonde, blue-eyed germans, but why did you post a picture of me? confused24.gif

well, at least i'm not afraid to show my (ugly) face or hide behind a fake identity ...

so much for your credibility,
Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(acox914 @ Jul 23 2003, 09:14 PM)
i take it thats you?

haha, no that's alfreds wet dream ...

actually, that picture is me, taken from my web-site:
IPB Image

http://www.sirandy.com/
SirAndy
i vote for a SPAM filter for this board. icon8.gif

once cleaned out, this would actually make for a pretty informative thread ....

Andy
swood
So will my posts be hijacked every time?!
blink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(swood @ Jul 23 2003, 10:07 PM)
blink.gif

just as long as you have shizzle in your dizzle ... wink.gif
ChrisReale
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jul 23 2003, 10:14 PM)
QUOTE(swood @ Jul 23 2003, 10:07 PM)
blink.gif

just as long as you have shizzle in your dizzle ... wink.gif

For chizzle my nizzle
swood
Very well, fo shizzle indeed...

If'n ya cant beatizzle the shizzle, just joinizzle.

word to your mother
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.