Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Creative AFR mounting locations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
emerygt350
Sooooo.... thinking about mounting (velcro?) my analog AFR in the rear window so I don't have to cut or move anything in the dash (was going to replace my voltmeter with it). Obviously this would only be for tuning etc.

I was thinking I could have it always attached but inside the engine compartment when I am not interested in knowing my AFR and then just pop it up in the window when I do. Looking at it through the rear view mirror.

Hell, maybe I could turn it into an AFR/Brake light dual use.

Am I crazy?
Retroracer
Funny. I spent some of Sunday riding around with my AFR gauge taped to the passenger seat using masking tape....! As with you, was only looking for a temporary check of AFR and don't need a permanent mount. Had not thought of the rear window / mirror check idea...

Something that logs the AFR (volts vs. time) would be a safer option, so your full attention is on the road at all times. Anyone know of any good laptop options or phone apps / add ons to do this?

- Tony
emerygt350
psychiatrist: When exactly did these feelings of being watched begin?

Click to view attachment

Actually works really well. I think it's actually safer looking at it in the rear view mirror then down on the dashboard. I put a piece of velcro on the panel there to hold it and another inside the engine compartment for when I am not interested.

It is an autometer and it does have the two outs for a logging device.
914_teener
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Nov 29 2021, 10:06 AM) *

Sooooo.... thinking about mounting (velcro?) my analog AFR in the rear window so I don't have to cut or move anything in the dash (was going to replace my voltmeter with it). Obviously this would only be for tuning etc.

I was thinking I could have it always attached but inside the engine compartment when I am not interested in knowing my AFR and then just pop it up in the window when I do. Looking at it through the rear view mirror.

Hell, maybe I could turn it into an AFR/Brake light dual use.

Am I crazy?

No...but perhaps somewhat misguided.

You asked.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.