Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wife's out; waiting for the dishwasher to finish
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
I'm getting lazy. I made the kids promise not to tell and bought them off with pizza.

Dave
Mrs. K
ohmy.gif I hope you are at least using something like "Dawn" which is good to break up grease!!!

You better do an extra cycle of the dishwasher after your parts are done....with soap, to make sure you get rid of any "evidence"....um grease! lol3.gif

Lisa wink.gif
Mueller
we remodeled our kitchen a while back, wish I had kept the old dishwasher.....used the new one once for a few "clean" car parts...wife was not amused dry.gif
BIGKAT_83
I washed the dash vents and the fog light grilles in the dish washer and they came out looking like new.

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif Bob
Allan
Honey I'm just gonna ar15.gif .
URY914
Amy would KILLLLLL me!!! ohmy.gif
Joe Bob
My balls would be on the mantle if I ever thought of using the NEW dishwasher....

That's why I use my old washer I have in my garage..... cool_shades.gif

Stoopid washer and dryer broke with one week of each other....I hate appliances as much as I hate electrical wiring.....well maybe less than the smell of burnt tranny fluid....
DNHunt
Those parts were a whole lot cleaner than the kids plates before they go in the dishwasher. They'd been cleaned with solvent then brake cleaner and blown dry with compressed air. Give me clean dino oil over chicken fat any day. The worst thing in the world to touch is uncooked ground chicken. barf.gif

Dave
Engman
You are bold!

My kids would eventually blab! laugh.gif

If you have any Tang in the house - use it instead of dishwashing soap to clean it out after you are done. Works real well.......

I try to do mine when no one is up or around........ wink.gif

M
Brando
Instead of dish soap, use liquid tide.

Then after the parts are washed, run an empty cycle with your normal dishwashing soap.
Jake Raby
Once my shop oven broke(Overtemp because I bypassed the thermostat :-)and I used the oven in the house to preheat some heads for valve guide install.....

The girl i was dating at the time asked me why the oven had a weird oil smell in it- I told her that it must need cleaning and that she should take care of that!

That was like 6 girlfriends ago!
airsix
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Jul 28 2005, 07:17 PM)
The girl i was dating at the time asked me why the oven had a weird oil smell in it- I told her that it must need cleaning and that she should take care of that!

When I'm heat treating tool steels I do my post-hardening temper cylces in the toaster oven, but I be sure to get all the hydraulic fluid off the pieces first. wink.gif I mean to say I wash them up real good ever since that one time... icon8.gif Thank heaven for a patient wife.

-Ben M.
redshift
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Jul 28 2005, 10:01 PM)

Stoopid washer and dryer broke with one week of each other....I hate appliances as much as I hate electrical wiring.....well maybe less than the smell of burnt tranny fluid....

Air dry the parts, dummy.

M
rhodyguy
CLEAN THE FILTER!!! i do this often. any paint may flake off. "kevin, what's this black stuff in the dishwasher?".

k
michel richard
"But honey, why do you assume the balck stuff in the dishwasher has anything to do with me ?"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.