Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: On The Hunt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Sixer
Got a lead on some of these. Showing what they look like for newbies.
T.Rick6
Man those are sweet, what do you think price wise, need to start saving now, I’ll take a pair. beerchug.gif Thanks, Todd
914Sixer
They will not be for sale. Just about as rare a 914 part as you can get. Last set I had was about 10 yrs ago and sold for $$$.
rhodyguy
Are there more difs than the small amber to white/clear like most euro versions?
Dion
Maybe Marty (Maltese Falcon) would be interested in a spare set if you procure more than one set.
The LeMans car sported them as well as the Sunoco (Duval) car.
I managed to purchase a set last year here on our site.
Yours look in excellent shape.
Cheers, Dion
Jett
Older pic but we love these… bought from a member about four years ago
forrestkhaag
Beautiful lenses............ but what is that vacumm system in the corner of the cleanest garage a 914 ever resided in? Mine is office level clean but it has a shop vac on the floor.... I am looking to upgrade.

Good luck with the lens search - a tough one for sure but the right place to find a jewel...

beerchug.gif
bdstone914
QUOTE(T.Rick6 @ Dec 2 2021, 02:53 PM) *

Man those are sweet, what do you think price wise, need to start saving now, I’ll take a pair. beerchug.gif Thanks, Todd

I sold a pair of NOS for $700.
jim_hoyland
Lower pic was a test to see how the Amber vs white looked on my copper 914. Thanks to Joe Sharp for the generous donation.

mepstein
I sold a pair for $20 at Hershey the first year I was there. I didn’t know what I had. confused24.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Dion @ Dec 2 2021, 02:57 PM) *

Maybe Marty (Maltese Falcon) would be interested in a spare set if you procure more than one set.
Cheers, Dion

On a trip over to Germany in 1985 for the annual Automechanika, I visited several Porsche dealer parts depts and cleaned them out of the rear French lenses. On a stop over in France I was able to score a few more sets, and those were shipped to me in L.A.
These were mostly gifts for 914 friends upon my return Stateside. The show did wear out a pair of shoes !
Not d-o-t approved but I did put a little Red film on the side portion of the amber lens.
number40_914.jpg
Click to view attachment
ahycaramba
If you want the french style lens without paying the big bucks paint the white part of the lens with special glass paint. I painted my pilot driving lights yellow and they look great! One can will run you $20 and no one will know.

Click to view attachment
Dion
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 2 2021, 07:31 PM) *

Cheers, Dion

On a trip over to Germany in 1985 for the annual Automechanika, I visited several Porsche dealer parts depts and cleaned them out of the rear French lenses. On a stop over in France I was able to score a few more sets, and those were shipped to me in L.A.
These were mostly gifts for 914 friends upon my return Stateside. The show did wear out a pair of shoes !
Not d-o-t approved but I did put a little Red film on the side portion of the amber lens.
number40_914.jpg
Click to view attachment

Absolutely brilliant Marty! aktion035.gif Great forethought. beerchug.gif
Jett
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 2 2021, 07:31 PM) *

Cheers, Dion

number40_914.jpg
Click to view attachment

great story!
Jett
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Dec 2 2021, 04:30 PM) *

Beautiful lenses............ but what is that vacumm system in the corner of the cleanest garage a 914 ever resided in? Mine is office level clean but it has a shop vac on the floor.... I am looking to upgrade.

Good luck with the lens search - a tough one for sure but the right place to find a jewel...

beerchug.gif

lol that shot was a week after the floors were done, not so uncluttered anymore smile.gif

vacuum turned out to be not that great - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008600U1...=UTF8&psc=1
Cornerlot
Had them on my last 914, a Euro 914-6. Really didn't care for them.
914Sixer
Deal went south, seller NOT interested in shipping to USA.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 3 2021, 05:49 AM) *

Deal went south, seller NOT interested in shipping to USA.

It might be economical to fly over and pick them up; air-fares have been lower since the pandemic ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.