Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got Fired Today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
carr914
the Fuck Stick that I used to call my Boss fired me today. Florida, you don't have to give a reason.

Frankly, I'm relieved

beer3.gif
BeatNavy
Sorry to hear that, TC. Good luck on whatever's next.
Front yard mechanic
lol-2.gif
Spoke
Condolences or congratulations, whichever you feel like now.

A while back I had 4 jobs in four years. One I was laid off after 27 years; one I quit after 2 years to take job #3; fired from job #3 after 2 years; been at the same job now for 10 years.

I don't look at time wasted when let go unless you thought it would lead to better things and that didn't pan out.

Out of college, I had a career. Now nearing retirement, it's about running out the clock until I decide to retire. Every year employed is one less year unemployed.

beerchug.gif

Spoke
tom.esh
Sorry to hear that. I hope it works out for the best. I have talked to a number of people who told me, in hindsight, getting fired was the best thing to happen to them.
jkb081
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 3 2021, 08:51 PM) *

the Fuck Stick that I used to call my Boss fired me today. Florida, you don't have to give a reason.

Frankly, I'm relieved

beer3.gif

I just got a job! I was worried that I had just purchased a 73 "Teener" last month, then got laid off. I thought I would have to think about selling it. I just got it! Not fired, just nature of construction. jobs start and jobs come to an end. thats just the way it is. I start Monday. Its a small project for Elon Musk, A. I.
carr914
I just wish I hadn't wasted 8 years working for the Tool!
carr914
well I had a trip to Seattle already planned & paid for to see my Granddaughter in a couple of weeks, so I have time to to get my shit together. Anybody want to buy an Unemployed a beer out west? beer.gif

Already have 2 offers in a couple of hours

Click to view attachment
Beach914
I got fired back in the early 90’s working for a small semiconductor equipment fab company. Fired me at 6:00 pm on a Friday night! Cleared out of my office in 30 minutes and stopped at a auto parts store. Called my wife collect from a payphone and told her what had happened and she asked if i was okay and what was I doing? I said “ Im buying brake pads and rotors and ill do a brake job on the Jag tomorrow”
Karma is a #itch however. Three months later i went to work for a large company that had parts machined where I was fired. They ended up pulling the work……I stayed with them for ten years. Great job.
SirAndy
Man that sucks
sad.gif

Shivers
And why is it that the little dingle's always do it just before christmas, after you've financially extended yourself. Sorry dude
Cairo94507
Sorry TC for the way the asshat treated you and let you go. But you know when one door shuts 2 more open. Cute granddaughter. beerchug.gif
Cracker
Sorry TC he's gotten in your craw...hang in there, you've always had a knack for working things out in the end. This will be no different!

Beautiful Grand Daughter! beerchug.gif

Cracker
VegasRacer
Good. piratenanner.gif

Now you will have time to post more photos and take the title from Paul. first.gif
76-914
Sorry for that bit of bad luck right before Christmas, TC. I hope you told him that you'd been fired from better jobs than this one. Keep your head up and your feet on the ground. beerchug.gif
sixnotfour
Sorry to hear , but lottsa of peeps in Seattle, and rain and grey ,,, Hopefully they will reach out.. lived north of seattle 55 yrs...
windforfun
You have my condolences. It's happened to me too several times over the years. A new door will soon open if it hasn't already.

shades.gif shades.gif shades.gif
Van914
Last time I was let go I landed in the best job I have ever had.
14 years and still loving it. TC keep your head up!
Front yard mechanic
Things will be much better ! just laughing at your discription of your old boss lol-2.gif maybe go into the same business on your own
carr914
what do you do in this situation - go to the race track and hang out with friends

Click to view attachment
type2man
Ice cold beer will never break your heart. Live it up while you can.
r_towle
The next job is always better than the one you got fired
rjames
Sorry to hear this.

I got laid off in 2019 after 17 years with nothing but rave reviews in my HR file. Decided it was time to switch careers and go into something that held more meaning for me. Super stressful, but happy to be on a more fulfilling path.

All the best of luck to you. Glad to see you enjoying some of the unexpected time off before your next adventure begins!
Badinfluence1
drunk.gif what evs... move on and right now I think you can find a better job that pays more and doesnt suck...good luck
914 Ranch
Well I personally feel that this will be good for you. In the meantime I would like see you. I got your Beer covered. It would be really good to see you TC.
PatMc
I spent 18 years working for a company that got acquired last December...they new brass showed up 2 days before X-mas and got rid of about 30 people...then another 20 or so a couple months later, and my turn came the following month.

Best thing that's ever happened to me. I'd been saving and put things in motion to start my own business back in January, since I knew it would be coming.

I'm not making much money yet...been spending time and money tooling up and buying inventory, but things are looking real good for December and have a good outlook for next year.

Root_Werks
Sucks TC and hoping something better comes of if.
carr914
QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Dec 5 2021, 09:42 AM) *

Well I personally feel that this will be good for you. In the meantime I would like see you. I got your Beer covered. It would be really good to see you TC.

Joe, wish I was a little closer to you! beerchug.gif

Everyday without that Boat Anchor of a Bad Boss is a Good Day!
gms
It is an employee's market! Sounds like the old boss will not be missed.
Relax and enjoy some time with family
Dion
TC…. Go enjoy that cute granddaughter. Best of luck with the next adventure!
parrish911
Best wishes for you, brother. Here's to the new boss being a step up from your old one!
larryM
X2,

BTDT - moved on - took a 45% pay cut at age 55 & then worked my way back up the "ladder" over many yrs to a decent retirement

QUOTE(Spoke @ Dec 3 2021, 07:13 PM) *

Out of college, I had a career. Now nearing retirement, it's about running out the clock until I decide to retire. Every year employed is one less year unemployed.
Spoke

ps.. - per above examples , after 17/xx yrs - child's company just got bought by hedge fund - now essentially "demoted" with a whole new crew of bosses who have no experience in the biz & already discarded 85% of the former employees, pursuing "lean mean" policies to make the company look good enuf to flip - it is nail-biting resume time in a fortunately good employment market, but the seniority & benefits losses can rarely be recovered
rick 918-S
Lots on companies looking for talent. His loss. Whatever jerkit.gif
EdwardBlume
No one is defined by where they work or how long. Personal value is not the excess of your bank account or ability to not work.

Personal value can be defined instead by joy, contentment, and the people who love you, and each of those things are abundantly available every day by choice or effort.

Don't let fear creep in. You will be just fine.
914 Ranch
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 6 2021, 12:28 PM) *

I'll come to you. I'll just jump in the GT-4 and it will be be a joy. I love that car. How else am I going to a picture of my favorite car on my favorite thread?
386-872-1849 Texting is best as I don't ware the phone.
I have no schedule.
URY914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Dec 4 2021, 08:47 AM) *

Good. piratenanner.gif

Now you will have time to post more photos and take the title from Paul. first.gif

Not going to happen. beer.gif
URY914
TC, you'll land on your feet. You always do. beerchug.gif
carr914
QUOTE(914 Ranch @ Dec 17 2021, 03:05 AM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 6 2021, 12:28 PM) *

I'll come to you. I'll just jump in the GT-4 and it will be be a joy. I love that car. How else am I going to a picture of my favorite car on my favorite thread?
386-872-1849 Texting is best as I don't ware the phone.
I have no schedule.

Thanks Joe and all that have shared good thoughts.

The last two weeks have been like a True Vacation - Good Times, hanging with the GF, going to the Beach, painted the house, fixed some plumbing. No stress and I'm the happiest I have been in a long time.

I've had some really good interviews and I'm confident going forward.

and this time next week I will be in Seattle with the love of my life, Ada Marie

Click to view attachment

Gatornapper
Look up. Better days and a better boss ahead. Think about starting your own business and being your own boss. Lots of opportunity where you are.

And good jobs are plentiful today - companies cannot find good people........

GN

QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 3 2021, 08:51 PM) *

Frankly, I'm relieved

beer3.gif

Pezz
QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 3 2021, 05:51 PM) *

Frankly, I'm relieved

beer3.gif

That's a shame you do not know the reason. I've worked for a lot of "Bosses" in construction and then about 15 years with the Government, and before and after has been working for myself when I can find it and it has relieved me to know I can make it myself. You are the Boss. smoke.gif
carr914
QUOTE(Pezz @ Dec 17 2021, 10:56 AM) *

QUOTE(carr914 @ Dec 3 2021, 05:51 PM) *

Frankly, I'm relieved

beer3.gif

That's a shame you do not know the reason.

oh I know the reason - the guy is an asshole. You don't get rid of your best and most tenured guy a couple of weeks before Christmas because you a swell guy!

He and I never got along because I'm not a kiss-ass. I laughed at him when he told me that he was the smartest person I would ever meet! av-943.gif

But as I said, I am in a Good Place and am at peace!
lalee914
A bunch of years ago, my wife got laid off from a very high paying job. She was NOT happy about it at all when it happened. She had a stellar performance history for a long period of time. We got talking about it and figured that she was let go because she was at the top of her pay grid, making a lot of money. The company could either fire her and save a LOT of money or fire 2 other people in her department to save the same amount.

She took some time off and after 2 weeks I noticed that she was smiling more, laughing more, staying up late Monday to watch football. Much more pleasant to be around. She didn't realize how much stress she was under and how much that effected her and thus the people around her. A few months later she got another job that paid about 2/3 what she was making before and stayed there for about 7 years with a different attitude. It wasn't a career, it was a job. She didn't take it home with her at the end of the day. From a financial point of view, her smaller salary had zero impact on our lives.

TC you will recover. Take a little time then start looking. Now is a great time to be looking for a job.
stownsen914
Bad bosses suck. I've had a couple pretty bad ones over the years. A bad job sucks but somehow a bad boss can be even worse.

I got "downsized" out of a job a few years ago. It was miserable at the time, but looking back it was the best thing that coulda happened - I just needed a kick. That place was toxic and my boss was an ass.

I'm now at a job I actually like and have a supportive boss who's a good guy.

There's hope and you'll do better.
carr914
living life to the fullest. went to a CnC

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

and the @ThePaintedMan George took me out on his Boat fishing. I told him I was Bad Luck fishing but we had a great time

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
StarBear
QUOTE(lalee914 @ Dec 17 2021, 05:58 PM) *

A bunch of years ago, my wife got laid off from a very high paying job. She was NOT happy about it at all when it happened. She had a stellar performance history for a long period of time. We got talking about it and figured that she was let go because she was at the top of her pay grid, making a lot of money. The company could either fire her and save a LOT of money or fire 2 other people in her department to save the same amount.

She took some time off and after 2 weeks I noticed that she was smiling more, laughing more, staying up late Monday to watch football. Much more pleasant to be around. She didn't realize how much stress she was under and how much that effected her and thus the people around her. A few months later she got another job that paid about 2/3 what she was making before and stayed there for about 7 years with a different attitude. It wasn't a career, it was a job. She didn't take it home with her at the end of the day. From a financial point of view, her smaller salary had zero impact on our lives.

TC you will recover. Take a little time then start looking. Now is a great time to be looking for a job.

first.gif Similar story many times. Went through a few myself, some on my terms others not. Long run, always worked out. Had a good wife and my teemed to comfort me!
carr914
Things are looking up! Got TWO Job Offers today! piratenanner.gif
Krieger
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jan 13 2022, 09:05 PM) *

Things are looking up! Got TWO Job Offers today! piratenanner.gif

piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif Fantastic! Good work!
Van B
Man isn’t that how it goes?! Congratulations!
930cabman
One door shuts and another door (usually better) opens

Brighter days are ahead, been there. Former biz partner stung me for $800.k, but being positive works.
StarBear
Onward and upward! biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.