Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: thermostat pulley
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jkb081
My 73 is missing the complete thermostat set up. I can easily find all the replacement parts from several parts houses, except the pulley that the cable rides on going up towards the mounting point at the flapper arm. any advice on where I can order this part? Thanks guys! Merry Christmas!! I'm putting my wish list together. I would like to order as many parts as I can afford to have on hand before I pull the motor. I don't want my car up on blocks for an extended period of time. I do not have access to a garage. I am working on my car at an abandoned military base. lots of cracked broken black top with weeds growing out of it. Too many "caricatures" wandering around. lol!!
Montreal914
@bdstone914
jkb081
thank you! I will check it out.
bdstone914
QUOTE(jkb081 @ Dec 5 2021, 09:36 PM) *

@jkb081

I have a pulley. Do you have the shoulder bolt that hold it to the case?
914Sixer
Seller on theSamba.com that makes everything new if you need individual items Bruce does not have. Click to open screen shot
jkb081
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 5 2021, 11:54 PM) *

QUOTE(jkb081 @ Dec 5 2021, 09:36 PM) *

@jkb081

I have a pulley. Do you have the shoulder bolt that hold it to the case?

Good morning. I need it all. Mounting bracket, blot, cable, pulley, replacement bushings for flapper rod, and whatever ever else goes with the system to make it operate properly. Thanks! Flappers are on engine, however, I cannot get them to move. I need to pull the engine and remove the tins to see what is underneath them that is preventing them from moving. I suspect packed with leaves for starters. When I purchased the car, the engine bay was full is leaves. Could hardly see the engine. Lol!!
930cabman
It's possible the engine is fine, but make sure you open it up to expose the cylinders, often tons of crud is lodged in the fins and will not allow for proper cooling. Pics?
914werke
QUOTE(jkb081 @ Dec 6 2021, 05:59 AM) *
I cannot get them to move. I need to pull the engine and remove the tins to see what is underneath them that is preventing them from moving.

On quite a few engines I found people dont understand the T-stat function & believe its unnecessary, so remove most if not all its components up to & including the Impeller flaps. If they dont remove them they install them so they are fixed in the cooling position. headbang.gif
lesorubcheek
QUOTE(914werke @ Dec 6 2021, 02:56 PM) *

On quite a few engines I found people dont understand the T-stat function & believe its unnecessary, so remove most if not all its components up to & including the Impeller flaps. If they dont remove them they install them so they are fixed in the cooling position. headbang.gif

I'll second this one. When I tore down my engine the first time in the summer of '81, the PO had removed the flaps. They actually left the thermostat, cable and pulley, but the flaps and spring were removed. Guessed the PO thought it may run cooler or something, but it was promptly replaced when the engine went back together.

Dan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.