Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I love Gulf, what do you know so does my wife.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Shivers
Oh shucks ( piratenanner.gif ) looks like I need to find the color codes for the 1970ish 917 Gulf cars. Can you guys point me in the right direction. Thanks
mepstein
Real Gulf painted Mirage race car.
Nogoodwithusernames
Gulf is the best livery ever, If I am ever able to do a flared 914 it is going to be Gulf colors. No way I'm cutting up the stock '74 for it though.
Dion
Found this….
Shivers
QUOTE(Dion @ Dec 6 2021, 12:44 PM) *

Found this….

Perfect, thanks first.gif
PanelBilly
When I was doing my car I found that Gulf blue was the same formula as the BMC’s powder blue. When I first sprayed it on I was excited but that soon stoped. It was too pale for me and I needed more color. A dash of red brought out what I needed.
mepstein
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Dec 6 2021, 06:29 PM) *

When I was doing my car I found that Gulf blue was the same formula as the BMC’s powder blue. When I first sprayed it on I was excited but that soon stoped. It was too pale for me and I needed more color. A dash of red brought out what I needed.

When Bob got the Mirage painted, he told me the real Gulf Blue is very pale and went to a lot of trouble to make sure he had the right shade.

"Mirage race cars were the first to wear the legendary powder blue and marigold livery of Gulf Oil, the first to post race wins for Gulf Oil, and the last to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans overall for Gulf Oil."

https://www.motortrend.com/features/what-is...-brief-history/
Unobtanium-inc
We had one in the yard at the old shop.
Dave_Darling
If the car you saw is the one I think it was, the blue on it was pretty close to Olympic Blue. That car used to live in my area.

--DD
Shivers
I did notice that Dave, I think I'll give her the option.
Shivers
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Dec 6 2021, 04:48 PM) *

We had one in the yard at the old shop.

Great pic
Shivers
I just noticed the bee hive on front of #9. Nice.
NARP74
Pretty cool that you found the paint codes.
Shivers
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Dec 7 2021, 10:31 AM) *

Pretty cool that you found the paint codes.

Yeah, right? Thanks you Dudes! aktion035.gif
CHIZ 914
agree.gif
StratPlayer
Larry Phillips gulf theme 914 3.1
mepstein
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Dec 8 2021, 04:09 PM) *

I saw it in person. Super nice build.
Shivers
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Dec 8 2021, 01:09 PM) *

Beautiful smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.