Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual 40 IDF jetting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
cause
I always hate in the motorcycle community when people ask "What jet do I need" yet here I am...
I just want to see if this is still a good starting point/base jetting a '75 2.0. Because venturis and jets are so expensive I would love to get a better idea before purchasing

Click to view attachment
930cabman
popcorn[1].gif
NARP74
Got an accidental carb rebuild just a few months ago, long story. Not what I brought it in for but all's well that ends well. My Weber 40s are the very old style and I am at around 6000 ft. Here is what I have now, YMMV.
AC 2.10
ET F-11
MJ 1.15
PJ .50
IJ .55
Venturi 28mm

Good luck
Ansbacher
Your main venturi at 32mm is on the border of being too large. If you get poor adjustment response from your idle jets, you might want to back down to 30mm or 28mm. Also don't starve things going too lean with your pump jet size and squirt volume or you will have lousy performance off the line.

Ansbacher
Mark Henry
agree.gif, I wouldn't put bigger then the 28mm vents in a 2.0, unless it had a big carb cam and matching valve train, etc.
cause
thanks for the info all! I'll report back with my findings
cause
Went with the settings in the picture. Finally took it for a cruise yesterday—still running rich—removed the air filters to see if that was enough to dial it in, but no luck. Going to drop the main jet a little more I suppose.
930cabman
Are you working with a Colortune? of an AFR? or?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.