Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: replacement speakers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Mels
Any recommendations for kick panel speaker replacements ? As I remember there isn't a ton of room there.
gulf908
I have 2 of these in my -6
fitted well straight off
not cheap but exc quality and sound

https://www.koenigs-klassik-radios.de/en/lo...cars_31149_1619

HTH
Dennis smile.gif
Sprout
I just installed a pair of these Kicker 4x6 and they’re great! Had to grind down a few places on the mounting plate in order for it to fit in between the posts of the speaker grill, but not much.
https://www.amazon.com/Kicker-46CSC464-Coax...C190&sr=8-3
914Mels
Thanks! I need to check if my radio is set up for 4 or 8 ohm speakers.
Rick986
I installed the larger pods from 914 Rubber with Infinity Kappa IX speakers. Considerable enhancement of sound. Still no big low-end, but huge difference due to larger size/magnets over the crap 3x5's that sit in the original grills.
Mikey914
These are a direct replacement for plastic factory ones. Save yours if they are good and don't modify them. These will add more sound than you can get with the factory housing.

https://914rubber.com/uncut-thermal-formed-speaker-pod-set-1

We are actually doing another run on them now. If I can get 10 takers I'll do a Group Buy for 20% off.
914_tinker
I'll take a set. Thanks
Morph914
I’m in for a set
autopro
I'm also in for a set.
Mikey914
Going to start a run next week any others???
pete-stevers
I will take a set! piratenanner.gif
NARP74
1 please, this time I will remember to place the order.
lesorubcheek
Heck, for 20% off, put me down for a set.

Dan
Tdskip
Two sets please!
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 15 2021, 12:23 PM) *

I will take a set! I tried to buy them for Black Friday. I had them in my cart and they were in stock, but the discount was not working on time. By the time the BF discount started to work they were "out of stock". So thank you for the group buy discount offer. Count me in!
JamesM
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 15 2021, 10:23 AM) *

I could use a couple sets
Arno914
I just installed a pair of these Kicker 4x6

I installed the same ones, good fit in the original housings with little rework.
I stuffed as much sound insulating foam as possible into the housings when mounting them back to the car.

Hidden the frunk is a 4x75W Class D Amp from ESX and bass is provided by a passive bass box (ESX) behind the drivers seat. Might install the bass box under the dash though. Sound is quite impressive.
Maybe I will try the bigger enclosures in the future to be able to install bigger speakers in the footwell. Winter project smile.gif

Arno

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

beech4rd
I'll take a set

Chris
Mikey914
QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Dec 15 2021, 09:18 PM) *

I will take a set! I tried to buy them for Black Friday. I had them in my cart and they were in stock, but the discount was not working on time. By the time the BF discount started to work they were "out of stock". So thank you for the group buy discount offer. Count me in!

One of tge reasons I figured Id offer this up
biggrin.gif
moldygreg
In for a set if Group Buy list is still being gathered!
Thanks
Greg
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 16 2021, 03:16 PM) *

QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Dec 15 2021, 09:18 PM) *

One of tge reasons I figured Id offer this up
biggrin.gif

@Mikey914 is there a code for the group buy? I’m ready to order : )
Mikey914
Oops,
Looks like we got 10. I’ll PM codes tomorrow. Any others I will close this after New Years.

Sorry about that
Quinn Moore
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 21 2021, 03:26 PM) *

Oops,
Looks like we got 10. I’ll PM codes tomorrow. Any others I will close this after New Years.

Sorry about that

I'm in, thx.

QM
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 21 2021, 04:26 PM) *

Oops,

Sorry about that

Woohoo. Thanks @Mikey914
robkammer
All good information! Somewhere on my BB to-do list is getting tunes together. I have the stock enclosures and at some point someone installed speakers in the doors that I have since tossed along with the crappy radio. I don't really want a radio bur would like to be able to stream music from my phone, Can anyone recommend a nice bluetooth receiver/amp that I can hide up in the dash?
Rob
VaccaRabite
I'd like a set of these pods as well.
We have to have 10 people who want them now.

Zach
mate914
Im in for a set.
Matt flag.gif
T.Rick6
I’m in for a set beerchug.gif
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(robkammer @ Dec 22 2021, 03:25 PM) *

All good information! Somewhere on my BB to-do list is getting tunes together. I have the stock enclosures and at some point someone installed speakers in the doors that I have since tossed along with the crappy radio. I don't really want a radio bur would like to be able to stream music from my phone, Can anyone recommend a nice bluetooth receiver/amp that I can hide up in the dash?
Rob

@ robkammer

Check out this thread:

www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=355853&hl=

autopro
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 21 2021, 01:26 PM) *

Oops,

Sorry about that

I didn't get the code, can you send it to me please.
Dustin
Regardless of what you do to the stereo system in these cars, it's never going to sound good. If you're driving, the engine is going to drown out the stereo. And, if the engine isn't running, because of the way the ignition works in these cars, you can fry your points if you just leave the key in on without starting the engine, if the points are contacting.
Mikey914
Sorry guys,
Got drafted into more work at the day job, Ill follow-up late Monday.
Mark
robkammer
QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Dec 23 2021, 02:34 PM) *

QUOTE(robkammer @ Dec 22 2021, 03:25 PM) *

Rob

@ robkammer

Check out this thread:

www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=355853&hl=

Thanks! I remembered seeing that but could not seem to find it. I rarely use the radio when driving the Porsches but it would be nice to have on occasion, playlists and sirious!
Miguel K R
Hi Mikey,
I will also take a set.
I am contacting you from Europe, but the items will be sent to Philadelphia as I have a son living there. And I will profit to order many other products.
Miguel
Belgiumcx
I would like a set of available
914Stuttgart
I would like a set as well. Thank you!
Tdskip
Payment for two sets send, thanks for making these.

Any tips on cutting the opening so it look tidy/professional?

Thanks and best wishes for a Happy New Year.
914Sixer
Here is one side with 6 1/2 Blaupunkt with foam cone on back
Mikey914
QUOTE(Tdskip @ Dec 30 2021, 08:58 AM) *

Payment for two sets send, thanks for making these.

5in hole saw on a drill. The centers have a hole to help align.
Tdskip
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 31 2021, 12:54 AM) *

QUOTE(Tdskip @ Dec 30 2021, 08:58 AM) *

5in hole saw on a drill. The centers have a hole to help align.

Thank you!
autopro
Sold out already? hissyfit.gif
Mikey914
No, looks like an inventory entry issue. Should have resolved in the morning Monday. I know we have them I did this run myself.
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 30 2021, 07:10 PM) *

Here is one side with 6 1/2 Blaupunkt with foam cone on back

@914Sixer

Mark - Where did you get that foam cone for the back?
914Sixer
Crutchfeild I think or maybe Ebay.
dstudeba
Anyone have a picture of these installed? Thanks.
Mikey914
A little dark and need to clean the car up some , but here ya go.
Mikey914
Drivers
CCE
Hello all!
my car had a speaker hole already when I got it, I have new speakers installed, does any one know who make a blank or non grill face plate for the old speaker location? So i can move on. (Currently they look horrible) I am thinking now on wrap to the current speaker covers, just hate them.

Click to view attachment
Mikey914
Working on GB for new panels. Look for more shortly.
Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.