Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 with ej205 wiring question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeepguy06
so i have been building my 914 and got to the motor and ecu part. i have cut the wiring harness from 2002 impreza wrx full harness but the problem i am having now is that the obd2 port wont read. I have been able to use a bluetooth reader to pull codes. when i plug in a cable reader i get an error and the tactrix 2.0 cable using ecuflash wont do anything. just keeps telling me failed . i have looked at the wiring diagrams and all the wires are in the pin locations they call for but there are two wires not hooked up. green red and brown white. they go to the abs brain. can someone shed some light on what might be going on or how most of you wired yours in to work. headbang.gif
tazz9924
QUOTE(jeepguy06 @ Dec 8 2021, 11:37 AM) *

so i have been building my 914 and got to the motor and ecu part. i have cut the wiring harness from 2002 impreza wrx full harness but the problem i am having now is that the obd2 port wont read. I have been able to use a bluetooth reader to pull codes. when i plug in a cable reader i get an error and the tactrix 2.0 cable using ecuflash wont do anything. just keeps telling me failed . i have looked at the wiring diagrams and all the wires are in the pin locations they call for but there are two wires not hooked up. green red and brown white. they go to the abs brain. can someone shed some light on what might be going on or how most of you wired yours in to work. headbang.gif

Big thing make sure you have power and ground at the port. i forget which pins but it’s universal
jeepguy06
QUOTE(tazz9924 @ Dec 8 2021, 08:09 PM) *

QUOTE(jeepguy06 @ Dec 8 2021, 11:37 AM) *

Big thing make sure you have power and ground at the port. i forget which pins but it’s universal

I have checked and yes I have power and grounds.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.