Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Possible LE in Napa
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
McMark
Trekkor and I looked at a possible LE car tonight. If anybody is looking for a project car, this one is fairly nice. The only REAL issue is that it's got mice. sad.gif Managable rust, front and rear sway bars. VIN is just out of range, 4742916629.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Trekkor
got mice

We walked up and they were running ohmy.gif

Hundreds of walnuts inside.
The body really is pretty straight.

You could prolly get it for next to nothing. wink.gif

KT
JeffBowlsby
What details didja see Mark, that make you think its an LE car?

Got Pics?
McMark
Oh, whoops. Hehehe. It was painted black and yellow. I had meant to brush up on my LE spotting trivia before we went. I had meant to bring my camera. Neither happened. Soooo, it was black and yellow. No side stripes. Tinted side windows. Owner said it was an LE (which means almost nothing to me). We think it had plaid interior at one point if that helps. Front and rear sway bars. Early (hubcap) steel wheels, so obviously not original. Fog lights. Dual horns. I seem to recall it having vinyl sides. If there's interest, we might be going back, so I'll look at the color code and look for the chassis number.
TravisNeff
mice? find any dog food?? lol
Trekkor
Yep, Bumblebee...The owner said even he called it that. confused24.gif

KT
McMark
No dog food. LOTS of walnuts that had been chewed open. LOTS.
redshift
BB with plaid?

M
gregrobbins
VIN out of known range is an issue. Did you note the production date?

Plaid seats, steel wheels with hubcaps, and vinyl sail panels. Not found on any known LEs. Oops, I think there is one on the list with the vinyl. Anyone looking for an LE would be advised to get a certificate of authenticity. Costs about $110 bucks, takes four to six weeks, but then you know you got something special. biggrin.gif
davep
Well, 16630 is a Bumblebee, so I expect 16629 could also be. Over 16700 could be an issue with me.
bondo
Does it run?
McMark
It has no engine. wink.gif

Greg - Plaid seats were in a shed and not known to come from the BB. Steel wheels with hub caps OBVIOUSLY aren't from a 74, so them being there only means we KNOW the car came with different wheels originally. If it had had the later style steel wheels then it would be more confusing/worrysome. I not 100% that it had side vinyl. I'm going off of memory here.

I'm sure the car could be had for very very little. In the range that you could DEFINITELY get your money back out of it if necessary. It's a nice car for a cheap price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.