Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any car shipper reccos?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iankarr
Hi Guys,

I'm ideally looking for an enclosed trailer owner/operator rather than a broker, but if there's a good broker, I'm open.

Thanks!
Superhawk996
Reliable is the gold standard. They aren't cheap, they aren't perfect but they do 1000's of hauls per year for the automotive industry and supply base including one off, irreplaceable prototypes.

Ian, I apologogize, I used to have one of their owner/operator's personal information but that was a while back and I've lost it. headbang.gif I'll keep looking but it certainly isn't where I thought it was.
jagalyn
Intercity Car Transport
Randy Kramer
+1 (515) 491-6777

He moved my 911 and he does all Jay Leno’s cars.
Him and his wife do a great job.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
GregAmy
High end, no worries: Reliable and Intercity.

Low end, flexible scheduling, some risk, but a lot better pricing: uship.com

I've used both, successfully. It comes down to budget and risk (you don't know who you're likely to get with uship, but the three times I've used it I've been happy with the service).

BTW, for motos, haulbikes.com is it. Reliable and cost-effective.
tygaboy
+1 on InterCity.

I've used them twice, great results both times. My 914 was shipped with four cars headed back to Canepa after a show. If it's good enough for Bruce, it's good enough for me! laugh.gif

Not the least expensive but as was pointed out, I wanted the lowest risk option.
Good Question..
I just booked Montway from LAX to RAP enclosed for $1539..
Are they any good ?
Thanks,914/Alan
Dredwin
Based on a prior thread, I used Reliable from Pullman Washington to Colorado Springs for 2 914s in Sept or October of 2020. It was about $3000 for both (or close to it)
SKL1
Have used Reliable and Passport several times with no issues. Just helps if they're going your way with "room." Can cut down on wait time for pickup.
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Dec 9 2021, 06:11 AM) *

High end, no worries: Reliable and Intercity.

Low end, flexible scheduling, some risk, but a lot better pricing: uship.com

I've used both, successfully. It comes down to budget and risk (you don't know who you're likely to get with uship, but the three times I've used it I've been happy with the service).

BTW, for motos, haulbikes.com is it. Reliable and cost-effective.

Be very careful on U-Ship. I had a guy show up with a converted motorhome, full of furniture, he unloaded the furniture, loaded the Porsche, and put the furniture back, on top of the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.