Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Injector and MPS connector pin removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
Greetings,

Looking to replace the boots on my injectors and MPS connector and i have a somewhat large kit of pin removal tools thanks to Amazon but what does the one I need look like and does it enter from the connector side or the wire side? It's just hard to get in and get a good look to figure it out.

Same question for the 4 pins on the MPS....thanks!
914Mels
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Dec 9 2021, 03:02 PM) *

Greetings,

Looking to replace the boots on my injectors and MPS connector and i have a somewhat large kit of pin removal tools thanks to Amazon but what does the one I need look like and does it enter from the connector side or the wire side? It's just hard to get in and get a good look to figure it out.

Same question for the 4 pins on the MPS....thanks!

You go in from the injector side, small flat blade. There is a fairly large tang to depress in the middle on the back side of the wire connector. I found replacement 2 wire connectors at Rock auto of all places about $4.50 each, cheap shipping also.
FlacaProductions
Nice - thanks.
scott_in_nh
I literally just did this two weeks ago with the same Amazon tool.
Use the biggest one that fits, I ended up using one side of a double pronged one - pretty much a trial and error until you find the one it likes...
They were still being stubborn until I sprayed some lube down there and gave it a few minutes - that helped immensely.
The Amazon tool is stamped from really thin gauge, so on some I had to slide one in, and then slide another on top to get the tang depressed enough (but maybe that stopped after I was lubing? I don't remember).
Definitely a fiddly job if you are doing it under-hood - getting the connectors installed with the new boots is too!
Scott
FlacaProductions
Thanks, Scott.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.