Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brown squares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914Mels
When I first started on the "World" I noticed people had little brown squares under their log in names. Didn't have a clue what that was about but over the years I've figured it out. At first I thought it had to do with the number of posts they had tallied up. After a while I figured out the true meaning. How many rust repairs they have taken on! I figure each square must equal a square foot of rust. My two squares would be spot on. Carry on.
porschetub
QUOTE(914Mels @ Dec 11 2021, 10:09 AM) *

When I first started on the "World" I noticed people had little brown squares under their log in names. Didn't have a clue what that was about but over the years I've figured it out. At first I thought it had to do with the number of posts they had tallied up. After a while I figured out the true meaning. How many rust repairs they have taken on! I figure each square must equal a square foot of rust. My two squares would be spot on. Carry on.

lol-2.gif
Superhawk996
I've been robbed . . . easily have done way more than 4 square feet of rust.
wonkipop
or its how many more square feet of rust has spread in your car that you haven't cut out because you been on here burning time instead? smile.gif
Van B
QUOTE(wonkipop @ Dec 10 2021, 06:51 PM) *

or its how many more square feet of rust has spread in your car that you haven't cut out because you been on here burning time instead? smile.gif

This is more accurate I think. Or, oil stains on the garage floor?
StarBear
Mine match the stains in my pants after dropping screws, washers, or other small items down the crevices in the engine compartment. sad.gif
Van B
QUOTE(StarBear @ Dec 10 2021, 08:03 PM) *

Mine match the stains in my pants after dropping screws, washers, or other small items down the crevices in the engine compartment. sad.gif

Hahaha! I was replacing the heater core on my 996 last weekend and I found my original battery hold down bolt that I lost somewhere in those inter dimensional black spaces 9yrs ago blink.gif
Shivers
I thought that was how many strikes I had left. huh.gif
mate914
So? What are they for? The brown squares?
Matt
r_towle
Life affirming token of little 914 projects that have been conquered.
914e
Two squares sounds about right for Arizona cars. Somehow they rust without water.

We need flaming squares for how many sun baked pieces have crumbled to dust in the southwest.

welder.gif Not my welding helmet, it is my sunglasses
KELTY360
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Dec 10 2021, 04:41 PM) *

I've been robbed . . . easily have done way more than 4 square feet of rust.

You can have mine. biggrin.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(mate914 @ Dec 11 2021, 07:58 AM) *

Post counts. type.gif Wisdom shared and stromberg.gif spewed.

stromberg.gif first post
stromberg.gif stromberg.gif 50 post
stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif 500 post
stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif 2000 post
stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif 5000 post
10 stromberg.gif > 10K post
15 stromberg.gif > 15K post

SirAndy has > 40K post and 25 stromberg.gif

Then there are Paul and T.C. first.gif smilie_pokal.gif with over 100K post, thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
mate914
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Dec 11 2021, 11:06 PM) *

QUOTE(mate914 @ Dec 11 2021, 07:58 AM) *

Post counts. type.gif Wisdom shared and stromberg.gif spewed.

stromberg.gif first post
stromberg.gif stromberg.gif 50 post
stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif 500 post
stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif 2000 post
stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif stromberg.gif 5000 post
10 stromberg.gif > 10K post
15 stromberg.gif > 15K post

SirAndy has > 40K post and 25 stromberg.gif

Then there are Paul and T.C. first.gif smilie_pokal.gif with over 100K post, thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

So.... the more poo you spew the more stickers of fame you get?
Matt flag.gif
PanelBilly
So let’s see where I stand
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.