Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Braided Stainless In Center Tunnel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
I'm helping my friend build a 1970 LS1 conversion, and was wondering if braided stainless hose (-6AN, Teflon liner) is a viable option for the fuel supply thru the center tunnel. Most all conversion cars on this forum run some type of hard line, including my own LS1/914. What I don't like about stainless braided hose, is that anything it bears against can cut thru it when under any vibration (like the brake line in the tunnel). Seeking opinions.
Thanks,
Andys
Rand
I sure wouldn't. Hard lines are more reliable. I wouldn't run braided brake lines either, especially on a street car.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rand @ Dec 12 2021, 02:12 PM) *

I sure wouldn't. Hard lines are more reliable. I wouldn't run braided brake lines either, especially on a street car.

agree.gif
Mark Henry
agree.gif You answered your own question.

Get SS hard lines, talk to the vendor some will will break a set and sell you only the lines you need.
tygaboy
If they were able to be easily/regularly inspected, sure. Inside a tunnel in a street car? I'm with all the other commenters:

Nope. Hard lines.

My entire tunnel cover is removeable - with about 20 minutes of work - and while it would have been a whole lot easier to do soft lines, I opted for hard lines, too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.