Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WOT: Female Android
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Midtowner
For you single guys (and gals) out there!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4714135.stm

biggrin.gif
nebreitling
Professor Ishiguro believes that it may prove possible to build an android that could pass for a human, if only for a brief period.

"An android could get away with it for a short time, 5-10 seconds. However, if we carefully select the situation, we could extend that, to perhaps 10 minutes," he said.

hmmmm.... 10 minutes, you say? idea.gif wub.gif

nathan <---- (glad his gf doesn't read the site)
redshift
Great, talk about breakdowns... at least this one just costs a chunk up front, with scheduled checkups...

M
neo914-6
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 28 2005, 09:50 PM)
Great, talk about breakdowns... at least this one just costs a chunk up front, with scheduled checkups...

M

sounds high maintenance to me... huh.gif
SirAndy
Professor Ishiguru ® stresses the importance of appearance

yeah, she's FUGLY! wacko.gif
maybe i'm just getting old, but i don't get the point ...

the guy should get a real dayjob, like at jake's place ...
biggrin.gif Andy
GWN7
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Jul 28 2005, 10:50 PM)
Professor Ishiguru ® stresses the importance of appearance

yeah, she's FUGLY! wacko.gif
maybe i'm just getting old, but i don't get the point ...

the guy should get a real dayjob, like at jake's place ...
biggrin.gif Andy

He's probably got a cell phone...... wink.gif
redshift
QUOTE (Neo914-6 @ Jul 29 2005, 02:40 AM)

sounds high maintenance to me... huh.gif

Let's call her Neo-Woman, and put a ticker around her head, so we can catch sports scores.

M
ClayPerrine
All I can think of is that Citibank commercial where the woman is sitting getting a manicure and the voice of a teenage male is saying "and 20,000 bucks to complete my robot, my GIRL robot. This is gonna be the best prom ever!"

chairfall.gif chairfall.gif
dflesburg
Sad, very sad.

Thank you God for giving me the confidence reach out, take the hand of a real girl and give her a kiss....
Dead Air
Where's the "down" button on this thing?
SpecialK
If she comes with a mute button I'm in! clap.gif
zymurgist
A competent programmer ought to be able to write code modules like:

GetBeerFromRefrigerator()

MakeSammich()

etc.
MikeP
For what that thing must have cost they could have at least made her Hot. I mean Denise Richards can only fool you into thinking she is human for like 5-10 seconds too. Hot dumb broads is a competative market. Fugly dummies....not so much.
Jamie
Why doesn't someone make a droid that can slide under my teener and adjust the valves in a flash!!!!
Brent
QUOTE (Jamie @ Jul 29 2005, 11:49 AM)
Why doesn't someone make a droid that can slide under my teener and adjust the valves in a flash!!!!

Is that a metaphor? Sorry for the mind in the gutter.
neo914-6
When they get to building Model #6 Cylon from Battlestar Galactica or 7 of 9 Borg I'm IN... drooley.gif happy11.gif laugh.gif
Rick_Eberle
QUOTE (Neo914-6 @ Jul 30 2005, 06:42 AM)
When they get to building Model #6 Cylon from Battlestar Galactica or 7 of 9 Borg I'm IN... drooley.gif happy11.gif laugh.gif

I was always partial to the silver android from Lost In Space... the chick android, not the "Crush, Kill, Destroy" dude...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.