Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Introduction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bossboy302
hello all,
Brian with a 72 914. Gonna try the '6/GT' conversion. Have read a ton-think I realize what lies ahead... huh.gif
Background includes 5 years Porsche parts dept. 5 yers other dealership work, and 4 years Automotion/Garretson Ent. all in NorCal.
Cars include a '65 912 (1st Porsche) 1 914, 9 911's.
Picked up complete '72 in Reno, sitting since '97. Unbelievably solid/rust free. Battery tray-that's it. Unbelievable amount of rat/mice turds.
Off we go.....
Montreal914
welcome.png

Sounds like a good start!
But, very importantly, please post pictures as we enjoy them! biggrin.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Retroracer
Firstly: welcome.png

You're in the right place, many folks here (self included) have gone through such conversions. And, keep the status updates and pics coming!

- Tony
Mikey914
welcome.png You have a good background with these cars so you have an idea of the level of difficulty you are getting into, as well as the costs.
I picked up a 72 out of Reno and it too was amazingly rust free, yes I said it. But it really has no nust. Reno is a great place for these cars!

Enjoy the journey. Please post up progress....
Mark
Superhawk996
QUOTE(bossboy302 @ Dec 13 2021, 11:46 AM) *

Unbelievable amount of rat/mice turds.

Expect the turdage stromberg.gif to be down in the longitudinals too. There are access holes to the longs that are about 3/4" - 1" in diameter up in the engine compartment. Easy access for small rodents.

Roughly the same situation in the Frunk under the gas tank.

Where there is stromberg.gif there is urine and that stuff is almost as corrosive as battery acid.

For sure get some pictures posted, and log the VIN in the database!

welcome.png
Mikey914
Missed the mouse turds. Yes they can be bad news.
Taylor's car was ravaged by them
Sure yours isn't anywhere new this bad
It's all repairable, hopefully you dodged a bullet.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...r+thanks+to+wes
friethmiller
One other location to find mouse turds is the ole trans-support tunnel! They just crawl up the longitudinal into their nest. It was really bad in here.

Click to view attachment
bkrantz
Good luck and enjoy!

Are you on the 5 year plan? popcorn[1].gif
tygaboy
welcome.png
Where in NCAL are you? We have a contingent of 914 owners in the North Bay that gather pretty frequently, help each other with our cars, share tools, etc. One of us, @markhoward , is in the chassis restoration stage of his /6 conversion.

Would love to have you join us, if it's convenient for you. Feel free to PM me.

Chris
Petaluma
Shivers
welcome.png Fun car to drive, my mantra when it gets ugly. smile.gif
krazykonrad
welcome.png
markhoward
welcome.png
Tdskip
Welcome, oh and we love pictures.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.