Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: parts stash
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
buck toenges
Here are some pics of my parts stash. Before I have to list this stuff individually I would like to know if any of this stuff is of any value. I got suspension, engine, interior, wiring, and other stuff. Is there anything in the pictures you would say is just junk and scrap it? What I would really like to do is sell it cheap to somebody that wants their own stash. I am locate in Ft. Wayne, Indiana and yes I already contacted Garold but he doesn't want it.Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=818
638]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=818642]

I also have a 1.7 engine with Fi and he's
Thanks,
Buck
JeffBowlsby
Your best return will be to clean and present these well and sell parts individually. I would be interested in a couple of those parts, but not the lot.

Lots of those parts that have little value but should not be tossed out because someone at somepoint will need them and then they have a value.
TJB/914
Hi Buck,
That's a gold mine of 914 stuff huh.gif
Is that 914-6 still with you?? and FS??
Tom
bdstone914
Unfortunately most of the parts have little need. The wire harnesses and plastic air cleaner for the 1.7 should have value.
mepstein
Sell the items that have value and are easy to ship. Give away the rest to whoever will pick it up.
TJB/914
Buck
I see some rear red tail light lens & any 914 tool kit pcs.?
Interested if available?
Tom
Jack Standz
PM sent.
914_7T3
@914Sixer is looking for an original set of heat exchangers like the ones in your pictures.
mb911
I would be interested in the heat exchangers for my son's car.
bdstone914
@buck toenges

I see a pedal set that I can use depending on what you want for it
SKL1
Had the same issue 3 years ago when we sold our acreage in Iowa after living there for 33+ years. My shop attic was FULL of 914 and 911 stuff I'd collected for 50+ years, most of which I hadn't even looked at for 15-20 years. Tried giving it away and did get rid of a few things but most went into a dumpster. Felt horrible doing it but my wife would have killed me if I moved it to AZ! Of course, now and then I'll need something and know I threw one of those "things" away!! And old OEM 914 stuff will someday be irreplaceable and my grandson will say, why did Opa throw that away????????
iankarr
I'm interested in the fuel expansion tank if it's in good shape...
Front yard mechanic
What you have there are some fine Christmas gifts to anyone willing to pay shipping
gereed75
There is some interesting stuff there I have found on those occasions when I want to clean out my stash that low prices move a lot of stuff.

The big factor is how you want to spend your time because no matter what the price or circumstances, it always takes time
BillJ
Is the wiring harness early like 70 or 71?
sixnotfour
75-76 muffler..Im interested
bkrantz
We need a rich sponsor to buy a warehouse and fund a collection service.
914werke
Id be interested in that flip-up arm rest box.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(bkrantz @ Dec 16 2021, 10:17 PM) *

We need a rich sponsor to buy a warehouse and fund a collection service.

I know where we can get a smoking deal on an old junk yard in Idaho!

Given Fort Wayne isn't terribly far from me, I'm resisting the urge to come down and rescue it all. My wife would kill me though since we are looking at a move in the near future. No way I'm moving all that across the country.

Really it's a shame. Appear to be lots of nice parts but they are heavy, bulky, and take up a lot of storage space. Hate to think that it all ends up in a dumpster.

I'm going though a similar thing with some old Norton Commando parts. They aren't in great shape and I can't seem to get rid of them. Likely to end up on the curb as scrap. The sort of folks that care about these old machines are dwindling day by day.
sixaddict
I moved a bunch of "stuff" and now reached the conclusion most falls into "what was I thinking" category. Have a full trailer AND storage unit!
Only missing partridge in a pear tree. headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.