Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subaru 4 Cyl
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Heater Guy
I had this 2.7L 4 cal Subaru engine with 600 WHP (30 psi Boost) in my Porsche 914 which I raced in SCCA.
The engine eventually tore the suspension a part so I pulled the engine and parted out the 914.
I ran this engine with the Subaru 5 speed with parts from Australia. Spur Gears with dogs and HD helical for 5th.

I intended to install this engine into a Porsche Cayman but when adapting it to the Porsche 6 speed transaxle there would be no starter. Subaru starter is on the transmission and Porsche the starter is on the engine. No starter when they go together.

The engine has low hours and was built by Rob's Automotive in Hayward, CA.
It was sleeved by LA Sleeve, Weisco Pistons & stroker crank, ported heads with SuperTech Valves, Crower Rods, Deck has been CNC machined to leave the sleeves 0.002" proud to use Cummings design Cometic head gaskets, Peterson Dry Sump System, Race Clutch, Turbo system, ECU with Turbo Controller.

I also have the 5 speed gears available

In addition: I have a 2.4 L 4 Cyl Race engine built by Willybald in Germany. I may sell complete or part out.

It would need to go into a tube frame car order to hold the torque. The stock 914 suspension is too weak for this much torque.Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mepstein
Price?
Cracker
Interesting. I have never seen one of these not blow up on track - sounds like you have found the formula for success. Good for you and best wishes selling your T4 beast.

Out of curiosity: How much does your engine weigh fully dressed with exhaust and IC as pictured?

Cracker
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.