Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: And now, a Roof!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pfreiburger
The trusses and most of the sheathing went up this week - and we have electricity. The service doors & windows are in but still no overhead doors - I hope they get here before the serious snow does. Might have to nail up some OSB for a bit.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
PlaysWithCars
Lookin' good! Yeah, you need to get that closed in soon.
Maltese Falcon
Looking Real Good...project is taking shape !
I purchased some 3/4 plywood today (small proj) and noticed a 1% "Lumber" surcharge, plus (normal) 9% Sales tax on the invoice mad.gif
marty914.jpg
barefoot
Wow, I've got workshop envy !! looks like good attic storage as well

Good stuff biggrin.gif biggrin.gif beer.gif beer.gif

Barefoot
mlindner
That looks great and love the storage up stairs. Just in time before the snow falls. Mark
stownsen914
Now that's a proper garage!
jim_hoyland
Fantastic ! Thanks for sharing smile.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 18 2021, 01:49 AM) *

I purchased some 3/4 plywood today (small proj) and noticed a 1% "Lumber" surcharge, plus (normal) 9% Sales tax on the invoice mad.gif
marty914.jpg

9% Wow.
Dion
Just ….wow! wub.gif
Jett
I thought our new garage was big smile.gif

Your garage is a very impressive structure smile.gif!

Note: we used cellulose insulation and although a bit more expensive the building is warm without running heat… can’t wait to turn on the radiant floors.
rhodyguy
Impressive truss design.

Double WOW! Room enough for all the vehicles. High efficiency insulation is an instant ROI.
Cracker
Good for you - really nice shop, Sir!!! I own a roofing company and am curious what you used - I see skylights, I believe,
as well. We vaca in the Door - was there in July. smile.gif

Did you ever consider making the center bay large enough for a future "toy" - I don't think mine would fit (12' 6"). biggrin.gif

Cracker

Click to view attachment
Jett
QUOTE(Cracker @ Dec 18 2021, 10:31 AM) *

Good for you - really nice shop, Sir!!! I own a roofing company and am curious what you used - I see skylights, I believe,
as well. We vaca in the Door - was there in July. smile.gif

Did you ever consider making the center bay large enough for a future "toy" - I don't think mine would fit (12' 6"). biggrin.gif

Cracker

Click to view attachment

We did smile.gif
Freezin 914
Looking good! popcorn[1].gif
pfreiburger
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 18 2021, 12:49 AM) *

marty914.jpg

I hear you on prices. A month ago, I priced 4”x8”x¾” plywood & OSB for the upper floor – both were about the same at $32 a sheet. This week the same items were $39, again about the same for plywood or OSB. Drywall is up a couple of bucks a sheet since last I checked also. I have not encountered the “lumber surcharge” yet – that’s probably around the corner here also.
mb911
Looking great.
Shivers
Nice to have your own Hockey Rink.
914e
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 17 2021, 11:49 PM) *

marty914.jpg

I can't even get a load of concrete at any price right now. We have a massive plant going up that is taking every drop of concrete as fast as they can pour it.
Mark Henry
Won't be long before you say to yourself "Aww fuchs...I should have made it bigger!" biggrin.gif
pfreiburger
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 19 2021, 12:41 PM) *

Won't be long before you say to yourself "Aww fuchs...I should have made it bigger!" biggrin.gif

Ha, not in my case. Another 4 sq.ft. and I would have been in violation of the township regulations. I had to buy another 1/2 acre to make it this size (39'x40'). And the building inspector in these parts does not screw around, as evidenced by the following story.

My previous across the road neighbor Dean (who is a builder) was building his own garage/man cave while I was researching my project. I was alarmed when he started building as he was going way above the sidewall height limitation of 10'. I asked Dean about it but he insisted he was OK. The walls went up, the trusses went up and the roof sheathing was installed. And then on day I looked outside and his crew was taking the garage apart. Turns out the building inspector stopped by for a visit. And he was not amused.

I agree that I will probably WANT more room in the future, but I won't be able to blame myself for the decision!
Root_Werks
MmmmmLumber! drooley.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 18 2021, 05:49 AM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Dec 18 2021, 01:49 AM) *

marty914.jpg

9% Wow.

Surcharges are for the Governor's pretty hair gel smile.gif
More trees are lost to wildfires here/ than harvested for Lumber = go figure !
But this (O/P) garage project is Superb !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.