Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No injector current on 2&3
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
peteinjp
Hello all-

I have a 71 914 basket case and am working on getting it to run. No injector signal for 2&3 and I have tried 2 ecu's with the same results. Any thoughts as to what might cause this? Seems unlikely that its the same issue with 2 ecu's.... but at this point I may have to go carbs until I have the time work though all the injection issues.

Pete
emerygt350
Have you checked your trigger points and the attachment to the distributor? 2 and 3, if I remember correctly, fire together so if the points are not good or the connection to them is messed up....
peteinjp
Thanks- I'll look into that. The wiring is a total rats nest so that is entirely possible.
Olympic 914
Also make sure your ground wires are attached to the triple spade connector on top of the engine.

It may be hidden under other FI parts.
IronHillRestorations
I'm going to say it's trigger points
914Mels
QUOTE(peteinjp @ Dec 18 2021, 01:14 AM) *

Hello all-

I have a 71 914 basket case and am working on getting it to run. No injector signal for 2&3 and I have tried 2 ecu's with the same results. Any thoughts as to what might cause this? Seems unlikely that its the same issue with 2 ecu's.... but at this point I may have to go carbs until I have the time work though all the injection issues.

Pete

Try reversing the connector at the distributor for the trigger points, if 1&4 go away you're on the right track. I'd look at the wire ends also for broken wires.
peteinjp
All good tips - thanks all! The distributor is out and will check the trigger to see if its working properly. Then its on to checking the M.A.P. sensor....
emerygt350
QUOTE(peteinjp @ Dec 20 2021, 03:40 AM) *

All good tips - thanks all! The distributor is out and will check the trigger to see if its working properly. Then its on to checking the M.A.P. sensor....

MPS isn't injector specific, if that is what you mean by MAP. It just changes duration of firing across the board. No way it could result in the loss of a bank.
peteinjp
Yes- Its just that I know the MPS is probably suspect. I should have said- once I get this problem diagnosed its on the MPS.

And- you guys were right on- it was the trigger- now have spark to all cylinders and can start the car- however it will not rev......

Onward through he fog!

Pete
emerygt350
Do you feel good about your vacuum lines? Are they all going where they need to be?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.