Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3rd plastic line in tunnel, 1975 2.0, what is it?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jhynesrockmtn
I have a friend who is restoring a 1975 2 liter car, original injection. The car needed quite a bit of metal work done and he has finished that and had it painted. He took the engine out a few years back. My experience is with the earlier cars.

We pulled the fuel tank on Saturday and he is ordering parts including new metal fuel lines. When I was looking in the engine compartment I noticed another plastic line exiting the tunnel near the plastic fuel lines but it was clear or close to that. I can't find it on the parts diagrams I've looked at. What is this line and where would we order a replacement? It is brittle after almost 50 years and he is wanting to do this right.
BillJ
I believe that is for the charcoal cannister that would be mounted in the engine compartment for 75 and 76. That line comes from the expansion tank, through the center tunnel, out to engine bay and attached to cannister.
NARP74
Was the fuel pump and or the filter in the front?
Shivers
Click to view attachment
wonkipop
QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Dec 20 2021, 11:45 AM) *

I have a friend who is restoring a 1975 2 liter car, original injection. The car needed quite a bit of metal work done and he has finished that and had it painted. He took the engine out a few years back. My experience is with the earlier cars.

We pulled the fuel tank on Saturday and he is ordering parts including new metal fuel lines. When I was looking in the engine compartment I noticed another plastic line exiting the tunnel near the plastic fuel lines but it was clear or close to that. I can't find it on the parts diagrams I've looked at. What is this line and where would we order a replacement? It is brittle after almost 50 years and he is wanting to do this right.

clear?
thats interesting. the small vapor line is black in the 74 cars.
makes sense it would be clear in the 75s though. i think the main fuel lines were black in those cars. opposite in 74, main fuel lines clear. another little detail.
someone who knows about 75s could tell you for sure, but it sounds like the vapor line for the can in the engine bay. if its small diam thats what it is.
BillJ
Yes i hada 75 and its clear.
jhynesrockmtn
Excellent, thank you. The fuel pump and filter were under the tank. He'll be renewing those and all of the other lines. The car is incredibly original and low original miles even though the rust had gotten to it. That's all sorted now and he's going through the engine, detailing everything as he goes. Should be a nice car when it's completed. The fuel lines are indeed black and this line, if not clear, I would call it opaque or puke yellow, something like that :-)
NARP74
QUOTE(jhynesrockmtn @ Dec 21 2021, 09:33 AM) *

Excellent, thank you. The fuel pump and filter were under the tank. He'll be renewing those and all of the other lines. The car is incredibly original and low original miles even though the rust had gotten to it. That's all sorted now and he's going through the engine, detailing everything as he goes. Should be a nice car when it's completed. The fuel lines are indeed black and this line, if not clear, I would call it opaque or puke yellow, something like that :-)

Might have been clear 40 plus years ago.
Bleyseng
Yes, two black fuel lines and 1 whiteish plastic line for going to the charcoal canister.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.