Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: O/T found the perfect house!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
crash914
While house hunting in the baltimore area, I found the perfect house last night....

the house sucks but the garage!!

2 car attached to the house, oversize with a pull down attic for storage...pretty cool.

Now, the detached garage is 35' by 55'. 3 oversize doors. one bay is drywalled with heat. in that bay is a walk down pit for oil changes.

In the other 2 bays, one has a lift. Out in the back is a shed for the air compressor and lawnmower.
Up stairs is storage.

WOW!! can you say club 914???

but the house sucks.. sad.gif I don't think the wife likes it....
Hmmmmmmm
to be continued....
Dead Air
Bull doze the house and build her something she'll like. Use the garage to store materials during the build. Be your own Contractor to save tens of thousands of dollars. Show her that angle and how could she resist? You'll be in the garage most of the time anyway.
Didn't I see a thread about a free Beer 'fridge down there?
Glad to help out!
URY914
I agree. If you were to find the perfect house she would never allow you to build the perfect garage you want later.

She will get the house of her dreams.....one day. laugh.gif

P
CptTripps
QUOTE (URY914 @ Jul 29 2005, 09:24 AM)
If you were to find the perfect house she would never allow you to build the perfect garage you want later.

Well said sir....well said.
Joe Bob
Yeah, I said the same thing to my agent when I was looking to sell recently....find me a rural 1/2-3/4 acre....detached 3-4 car garage...house was unimportant. I could always plop a temporary double wide and build to suit......

crash914
Ha Ha... My wife did find the set of tires I hid in the hotel closet laugh.gif

I just could not stop laughing!!! Kids thought it was funny too...

With the price of realestate, the thought of mowing the house over..... unsure.gif

No, we will keep looking...the house was not all that bad wink.gif
johnmhudson111
QUOTE (crash914 @ Jul 29 2005, 08:51 AM)
While house hunting in the baltimore area, I found the perfect house last night....

2 car attached to the house, oversize with a pull down attic for storage...pretty cool.

That would be VERY nice. I have a 3 car attached see below. It is pretty nice, piped in music, a/c, etc....
TravisNeff
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Jul 29 2005, 06:36 AM)
I could always plop a temporary double wide and build to suit......

If you plopped the double wide, you have already built to suit - at least you lol2.gif
ematulac
QUOTE (crash914 @ Jul 29 2005, 06:51 AM)

Now, the detached garage is 35' by 55'. 3 oversize doors. one bay is drywalled with heat. in that bay is a walk down pit for oil changes.

In the other 2 bays, one has a lift. Out in the back is a shed for the air compressor and lawnmower.
Up stairs is storage.

WOW!! can you say club 914???

but the house sucks.. sad.gif I don't think the wife likes it....
Hmmmmmmm
to be continued....

Sounds like the PO was a single guy who was into cars. wink.gif
rhodyguy
up my street there are flat, 4.6 acres (short plotted into 2 parcels), nice double wide (don't laugh), has a nice big ( i bet 1200 sq ft)detached 2-car garage+shop with what looks like a loft/office upstairs. asking $275k. been on the market for a while, and my guess is it could be had for far less. money is in the land. any local in the market for land should check it out. www.danorealestate.com mls #25063189. no affiliation.

k
Joe Bob
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Jul 29 2005, 07:26 AM)
QUOTE (SEEMORE BUTZ @ Jul 29 2005, 06:36 AM)
I could always plop a temporary double wide and build to suit......

If you plopped the double wide, you have already built to suit - at least you lol2.gif

Hardly......at my current place, I have a rental ($1400/month), two garages with 1400 square feet....1/2 is mine and no one invades my space, 1/2 acre of land and 4800 square feet of living space.

Just waiting for the kids to move out, retire and then decide if I wanna stay....I can't move and find another place here in this County because my property taxes will quintuple....that means 5x more than I am paying now for youse guys in Texas.... cool_shades.gif

275K.....sheesch....if I could talk the wife into moving I'd be there.....be afraid Rhody.... blink.gif

rhodyguy
plus a small seasonal creek. leave the wieners indoors as the 2 local eagles roost in a snag near the property. the epa does have offices in western wa mike. if i didn't have the other rental i'd get it and convert the parcel without the house into a rhododenron nursery. good schools. we are in what's termed a "rural separator", no sub-divisions around us. like i noted, the money is in the land, and i think it could be had for less. if it was sub-divideable into 6 lots per acre it would have been gone long ago. hell, sell the big house on the hill, buy this place for cash and retire. i could do worse than having you as a neighbor.

k
MJHanna
I got lucky when I found my house. 2acres, with a creek for the back border of the property. 2 car attached garage, with a separate 1200 sq. ft workshop/garage. I was lucky and saw it the day it went on the market and made an offer the same day. I had to run power and put some windows in the workshop but at least I almost have enough garage space. wink.gif Some day I finish off the inside but for now it’s functional.
zymurgist
Just curious... what are they asking for that house and where is it? My 24 x 24 garage ain't nearly as useful as I thought it would be when I built it... I only owned 2 cars back then.
crash914
ok, just don't bid me up..... located in Ellicott city, 550K...
zymurgist
ACK! Sticker shock!

Amazing what houses are going for in this area. No worries, I'll stick where I am and seriously think about building that second garage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.