Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nastiest restoration thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mihai914
Hi to all,

Today, I went over to have a look at a 914 that was bought by a local shop and I didn't need to get intimate with the car since you had to pull up on the doors to be able to close them.

I had already sent some links to some good restoration threads on here but this is beyond what I've seen tackled threads.

So can anyone pinpoint me towards a good basket case restoration so I can show the shop what they are getting into?

The good news is that the car is a 74 2.0 and everything is there except the Fuchs.

Thanks for the help.
rjames
My favorite restoration thread:

Digging Into Hell
barefoot
Look at the current "Rust repair before paint" thread, a good one
mihai914
Thanks Robert, I already sent him Michelko's classic thread.

Thanks Barefoot, that's a good one but it's a solid car compared to what they have to work with.

Edit: Here are images of the car as advertised but those must be old pictures since it's not far from the red car.

I kind of hinted that finding a cleaner tub would be a better route in the long run.
Mark Henry
You got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run.

I never realized that was a song about 914 restoration. wink.gif
Once heavy scale terminal rust sets in it's hard to fix, last pic you'd only save if it was a /6.
I have a 73 yellow like that, doors suck, but it has good floors and the rest is workable.
mepstein
If the shop can’t figure out what they are getting into, they might not be the right shop to do the work.
emerygt350
But just think of all the trouble they could get into if they were not working on this?
rjames
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 21 2021, 03:41 PM) *

If the shop can’t figure out what they are getting into, they might not be the right shop to do the work.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.