Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New product GB soon - Door pockets drrivers and passengers sides
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
WE have just started making replacement door pocket bases. These are plastic and will not fall apart from water exposure. Will be on line in January, as soon as we can nail down costs we will open up a GB.
More to come

Who's interested?
914sgofast2
I am interested in a set (Driver and Passenger sides).
914werke
Are these intended to be left as is, or can they be upholstered like the OE press board units?
If so have you tried it?
Mikey914
QUOTE(914werke @ Dec 21 2021, 04:56 PM) *

Are these intended to be left as is, or can they be upholstered like the OE press board units?
If so have you tried it?

Thinking about doing 2 versions. Plain with texture. The late cars had this on the passenger side when they went to plastic.

And vinyl covered. The one pictured has been covered. It’s an added cost so they would be more.
914werke
Good Idea. I think that will be a popular item.
Aerostatwv
I’m in for a set!
Thanks,
Chris
porsche914gt
set
jim_hoyland
I'll add them to the new door panel; can they be dyed total ?
Mikey914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Dec 22 2021, 01:51 PM) *

I'll add them to the new door panel; can they be dyed total ?

You can "dye" them by painting, but can (our we) can stretch vinyl over like the stock ones.
T.Rick6
I’m in for a pair of black covered to go with the new door panels, thanks
Todd
Montreal914
Very nice addition to the part selection and much needed restoration component smile.gif. Interested depending on price.

I think the textured plastic ones would benefit being of a dull (flat) black finish instead of the luster style on the picture. They would probably draw less attention and might be a good cheaper option for the ones not willing to pay the extra investment for the correct vinyl covered version. idea.gif
Big Len
They're beautiful.
PaulFV8
I’m in. Thanks
Nacho
I’m in for a set.

Nacho
808 WRX
I'm definitely in for 1 set of plain with texture, maybe 2 sets.
BeatNavy
I'm in for a DS door pocket assembly, black, vinyl.

Thanks, Mark.
gord
I’m in for one set, possibly two.
djway
smile.gif
Luke M
I'm in for two driver side pockets.

One covered in black and the other uncovered black.

santa_smiley.gif
913B
I'm in for a set
Chris914n6
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 21 2021, 07:22 PM) *

Thinking about doing 2 versions. Plain with texture. The late cars had this on the passenger side when they went to plastic.

Actually the plastic one you saw would have been a previous aftermarket replacement. But still glad you are making these now as I haven't seen the older ones for sale in a decade or two.

I haven't seen a good condition original fiberboard in decades either.
74forsche
I'm in for a set of black ones for my 1974. With door pocket...what price?
74forsche
I'm in for a set of black ones for my 1974. With door pocket...what price?
Mikey914
Ill have pricing figured out shortly. The problem is we have yet to perfect a technique that is easy to stretch and apply the vinyl. The rest is easy
maf914
I am in for a set in black. Thanks, Mark.
914werke
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 25 2021, 04:35 PM) *
The problem is we have yet to perfect a technique that is easy to stretch and apply the vinyl.

Steam~
Mikey914
Steam works, but there is a large change in how it's stretched from top to bottom. Difficult to get 1st try. Messy to clean up and do again, so the key is 1st shot getting it perfect.
JamesM
count me in
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.