Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for someone who can do a PPI near Chicago, IL
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drem914
Looking to see if a member here has a recommendation for a shop or a person who could look at 914 SBC Conversion near Schaumberg, IL outside of Chicago.
Freezin 914
I know there are several members in the Chicago area.
@gms
fixer34
QUOTE(drem914 @ Dec 23 2021, 08:54 PM) *

Looking to see if a member here has a recommendation for a shop or a person who could look at 914 SBC Conversion near Schaumberg, IL outside of Chicago.

I'm about 5 miles away, but need to tell me what you are looking for. Or I'll just take a bunch of pictures.
Pete
drem914
QUOTE(fixer34 @ Dec 24 2021, 12:16 PM) *

I'm about 5 miles away, but need to tell me what you are looking for. Or I'll just take a bunch of pictures.
Pete

Looking for someone with 914 knowledge to check out a yellow 914 outlaw with a small block chevy power plant. I have lots of photos but to far to flyout on short notice. I am concerned about rust for a car from that area.

Anyone here have any info about this one?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Just trying to see if this area under the battery is just surface rust or worn through and covered up with under coating.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

GBX0073
Any history of the car on this forum or vin info
Nice looking Car with a Killer Stereo to go along with the V8
fixer34
QUOTE(drem914 @ Dec 24 2021, 03:36 PM) *

QUOTE(fixer34 @ Dec 24 2021, 12:16 PM) *

Pete

Looking for someone with 914 knowledge to check out a yellow 914 outlaw with a small block chevy power plant. I have lots of photos but to far to flyout on short notice. I am concerned about rust for a car from that area.

Anyone here have any info about this one?

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Just trying to see if this area under the battery is just surface rust or worn through and covered up with under coating.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I meant on the V8 side, I'm pretty familiar with the rust areas. Have a couple soft magnet strips that will tell if it is metal or rust/bondo pretty quick.
Depends where it was early on and how much it was taken out in winter around here.
Shivers
wink.gif

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.