Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carb help at MWC?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
Is there anyone that will be attending MWC next weekend that knows the PROPER way to adjust a pair of Weber 44IDF carbs? I'm idling at about 2,200 SOMETIMES which some have told me means that I just need to adjust them.

I have rebuild kits, as well as a set of 40-IDF tubes that some people say I SHOULD be using. I'm clueless...

Anyone have an hour or so on Fri/Sat/Sun that can help me with this? I bought a book, but I'm LOST on this stuff...I just need someone to show me how to do it. Never was a good reader. wink.gif

rhodyguy
try this. simple and quick. back off the idle adjust screw on the pass side. no change? now turn the drivers side out, ensuring the pass doesn't make contact and see what happens. then report back.

k

CptTripps
They are both backed out ALL the way...I did that a few weeks ago.

If it pull back on the bar, it'll go down to an acceptable idle. (900-1,100ish)

1bad914
Not sure what you have done, but do you have a good spring on the throttle. One that pulls the arm back. If you push down on the bar and it settles then you need more spring?
rhodyguy
a 200rpm swing is wrong and it should idle nicely at 900 without reefing on the linkage. try shortening the threaded rods a bit. again, if you haven't done so.

k
BS Chairman
Cpt Tripps,
I just walk out and put my Synchrometer in my bag of things that are going to the event. If you have had a Synchrometer on it already let me know I'll put mine back away. See you one week from today, but to work on the carbs try to be early. I think we can get you to 900rpm. We do have a lot of carbs coming. smilie_pokal.gif
CptTripps
I certainly do NOT have a Synchrometer. Don't tell me to show up early...I'll come to your house at 4:00am!

I'm guessing we'll be there in the 4:00-6:00 range. Hope that'll be ok. I've been living with them for this long, so if I have to wait, that's fine too...but I'd CERTAINLY appreciate any help.

See you next week!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.