Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 GT number size?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
BillJ
Hello! Redoing the livery on the 6 and wanted to know if anyone here knew dimensions for the white ovals/circles and numbers that the factory used? Specifically the style used for car 1,2,.and 3 where the door backgrounds extend onto the rockers? Hood circle dimesions would be nice too if you happen to know it? What about font and size for the numbers? And if by any chance someone knows who can produce readily (might as well go for the gold)?

Any help appreciated!
Shivers
@BillJ -Ok, I studied this picture. I checked on the internet to see what sizes are available. I went out with a tape and a 24 " white fits right on the side and the front.

Click to view attachment
BillJ
Awesome thanks a ton! Do you think the front and side are the same size?

Shivers
I know it doesn't look like it, but the tape said so. I eyeballed in the hood pin plates and then did the same for the circle (with the tapes help) and it looked right. I could not find out what the rules said that weekend but I bet this is close. Might have been in MM's and an 1/8" this way or that. @BillJ
BillJ
Cool. Is there a decent source for these that you are aware of?
Shivers
Here is one I found. Really don't know anything about them. @BillJ

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp...upID=DECCIRCLES
carr914
any sign shop can make the circles from vinyl

Click to view attachment
BillJ
Thank you both for weighing in. Will post pics of finished product.
campbellcj
FWIW - if you're going to race/compete with the car then definitely check the applicable rule book(s), which typically defines minimum sizing and placement. Looking forward to seeing your end results as I'm also trying to plan some new livery/decals for mine!

Cheers,
BillJ
I race vdca and pca so far. May add hsr or svra this year. I will definitely be erring on the large side and will have spares to boot so not too worried about compliance.

Going with a "Heuer" theme mixed with some historically used stickers like Cibies, Shell, and maybe a couple others. Car is getting a serious makeover that i hope to have done by February for the first race at Roebling with VDCA.
BillJ
This is the starting point.
BillJ
This is the starting point.
BillJ
Another view
Shivers
Very nice
brant
The rules for your club will define the size. Or minimum size
BillJ
Yep looks like 10" is minimum. Will be doing 12" given the size of the circles. I think that will work!
campbellcj
Car looks great, should have some fun with that one!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.