Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sacrilege
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dead Air
Now that they've got a small car class in Demolition Derby, I think a 914 would do really well. What do you think?
Really biggrin.gif
SGB
engine location good....
ClayPerrine
No radiator in the front. You don't have to back into everyone, but the tranny is exposed in the rear.

Why in the name of all that is good about 914s are we even thinking about this????????? ohmy.gif

spank.gif
GaroldShaffer
We have that type of derby here at the local fairs. I always wanted to try one. I found a 77 924 that runs & drives for $200. The wife doesn't think its a good idea dry.gif
Dead Air
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 29 2005, 08:24 AM)
No radiator in the front. You don't have to back into everyone, but the tranny is exposed in the rear.

Why in the name of all that is good about 914s are we even thinking about this????????? ohmy.gif

spank.gif

[QUOTE]

Because there's so many rotted out teeners that should die in a blaze of glory (not busted fuel lines type of blaze either) instead of being cut up or sent to the crusher.
Sell the glass and all the lights and that would pay for the mods, I think it's very do-able.
Start with a rotted out 75 1.8, that runs... idea.gif
Dead Air
looking for sponsers
Dead Air
Do you think I'm KiDDing? C'mon People. Get on this one. A Teener in demo derby!!
You spend all day talking cheeseburgers and sawsall parties and I can't get a bite or two... confused24.gif WTF?
Dead Air
Tell you what. I'm in the mood to reply to every post on this page until SOMEBODY Gives me a real opinion about RUNNING a '75 1.8 in Demo derby. Or tell me why NOT!
Dead Air
Counting 10 9 8 7...
messix
do us a favor and DON'T wear a helmet
nebreitling
fucking do it man, i think it's a great idea! you'll have to beef it up quite a bit, i think, but if you can manage keeping the shifter on and not having the axles broken, you might come out on top!

n (<--mad at 914s right now)
Dead Air
Now we're talking!!! welder.gif
sixnotfour
Chain the trans up into position, first hit in the rear and the mounting ears will break and trans will drop to the ground.
Go For it. smilie_pokal.gif
Dead Air
icon_bump.gif
Dead Air
I'm tired of this game.
But I do think it's do-able With or with out you!!
WTB '75 1.8 roller....
redshift
WOOHOO! I LOVE THAT IDEA! ROFLMAO Dave!

Tube frame, ask Paul Woodbirdie what he did, and do the exact opposite.

laugh.gif

I am thinking this thing needs BIG paddle wheels, and a /6.

M
Dead Air
Thanx Red,
I knew you'd come thru!! beerchug.gif
spare time toys
You will need the late doors with the crash protection in them. Put some kind of spring under the top so when it gets hit you can pop the top off like the head did on the old rock em sock em robots boldblue.gif boldblue.gif
porsha916
I raced a 914 at a circle track in Maine for three years, buy 75, 76 exhaust pipes and put turndown pipes on them(no mufflers), weld doors and bumpers on!!
good luck!! smilie_pokal.gif
MecGen
Yo Davee

A 914 and a rotted one would break in half on the first hit, I bett even the targa would touch the windshield frame ar15.gif

You better take pics when you do it ! smilie_pokal.gif

later

beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.