Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD - 914 2.0 engine and related parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
RobC76
2.0 914 Porsche engine and other parts for sale. Looking for a reasonable offer. I have tin, housings, flywheel, clutch, jugs, heads, ect. Back in about 1980 my father purchased an 914 drivetrain to power a Kelmark GT in a vw beetle chassis. Well we never finished it obviously and now I would just like this stuff to go to a good home for a reasonable offer. My day sent heads and short block to a guy in Detroit back in the 80’s. I’ll get pics as soon as I get a hand getting engine down out of loft. It should be split again and cleaned resealed and re assembled. My opinion only. I’m no 914 guru. Thanks for taking the time to read.
Montreal914
welcome.png

Classified rules states that you MUST post a price. Please revisit your add.

Good luck with the sale GLWTS! smile.gif
NARP74
Say Hi to Bronner's for me...
930cabman
Put me in line for this as more information becomes available
Thanks, John G
914-Kazoo
QUOTE(RobC76 @ Dec 27 2021, 10:23 PM) *

2.0 914 Porsche engine and other parts for sale. Looking for a reasonable offer. I have tin, housings, flywheel, clutch, jugs, heads, ect. Back in about 1980 my father purchased an 914 drivetrain to power a Kelmark GT in a vw beetle chassis. Well we never finished it obviously and now I would just like this stuff to go to a good home for a reasonable offer. My day sent heads and short block to a guy in Detroit back in the 80’s. I’ll get pics as soon as I get a hand getting engine down out of loft. It should be split again and cleaned resealed and re assembled. My opinion only. I’m no 914 guru. Thanks for taking the time to read.

Looking for side shifter transaxle if you have one. Let me know, thanks
RobC76
Ok, gathered everything up. I will load all the pics now. Few fyi’s:
No broken cooling fins on any components.
Heads look to be ported and freshly machined
I can measure cc if someone wants me to
Willing to separate trans from all other parts
Missing one piston, not really sure why. Jug is not damaged
Trans needs rear cover / mount due to it being broken
Engine plate to mount engine to stand will come with it. Very nice for splitting case and not breaking anything in case.
Few dents in exhaust
Thanks for everyone’s time and interest. I promised a few of you I would get pictures loaded tonight. Sorry it’s so late.
Happy New Year
Yes I’ll be around all weekend
RobC76
Sorry for sideways pictures
Doing this off my darn iPhone

Here are the trans pics
Superhawk996
Price?
RobC76
That’s the part I’m struggling with. I see bare engine cases only are 1,000 dollars on eBay. Assembled long block core engines are 3,000. Transmission are are all over the board. I’m not looking to get top dollar or really even close but I’m not giving it away either. Help me value it as if a mutual Freind of ours was buying it. Please I’m truly asking for an honest opinion / offer.
mepstein
It's fine to use ebay for comps but you have to use sold prices, not asking.

Asking price = pie in the sky
Sold = what people are paying

Good luck with the sale.

welcome.png
Superhawk996
QUOTE(RobC76 @ Dec 31 2021, 08:13 AM) *

That’s the part I’m struggling with. I see bare engine cases only are 1,000 dollars on eBay. Assembled long block core engines are 3,000. Transmission are are all over the board. I’m not looking to get top dollar or really even close but I’m not giving it away either. Help me value it as if a mutual Freind of ours was buying it. Please I’m truly asking for an honest opinion / offer.

Two 1/2 years ago I purchased 2.0L GA000099 as a complete core engine with a nearly complete FI system, and an unbroken side shift transmission for $700. That was a very good price for an unknown core in my opinion but it also sat unsold for a couple months when listed at $900. I had to factor in time and gas for a 14 hour round trip to pick it up well.

You've got some pros and cons to what you're offereing. Its a basket engine but on the other hand some of the parts can be more easily verified.

As Mepstein stated, E-bay sold listings are the best place to set price. Many others are just pie in the sky looking for a sucker.

I'll give you a concrete example: I love vintage stereo stuff. I've been looking for a particular old school auto equalizer / booster. Realistic 12-1956. Don't ask why I want one of these -- av-943.gif

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165011314618

A really nice NOS one popped up complete with box, owners manual, and original sales receipt from 80s. It sold for an eye popping $500 - not to me laugh.gif Next week, two others pop up listed at $600ish and $440 if I recall. The $600 unit clearly has a broken face plate! The $440 unit is missing a slider knob. Both have been sitting unsold for 1/2 year and neither are worth anywhere near that price. These go for about $80-100 for a nice one on other forums than e-bay. Given their age the trick is finding a nice one and neither of these two are nice!

The $500 NOS unit was an anomaly and a nice unit for the right collector. But there is no way the other two units are worth anywhere near the asking price.

You might do better parting out the SSI stainless heat exhangers seperately - those move regularly here for $700-900 in nice clean, tested condition.

Transmission is early tail shift (not as desirable as side shift) and will leave some wondering what on earth happened to it to break the tail housing. Doesn't match vintage of the engine case but might still have core parts worth saving.
RobC76
QUOTE(mepstein @ Dec 31 2021, 10:31 AM) *

It's fine to use ebay for comps but you have to use sold prices, not asking.

Asking price = pie in the sky
Sold = what people are paying

Good luck with the sale.

welcome.png

Will just end listing and put on eBay starting price 1.00
Then we will see what it’s worth and it will be sold.
I’m well aware of asking vs actual that’s why I asked the question of what people that have 914 knowledge thought is was worth.
Have a Happy New Year
RobC76
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Dec 31 2021, 10:50 AM) *

QUOTE(RobC76 @ Dec 31 2021, 08:13 AM) *

Two 1/2 years ago I purchased 2.0L GA000099 as a complete core engine with a complete a nearly complete FI system, and an unbroken side shift transmission for $700. That was a very good price for an unknown core in my opinion but it also sat unsold for a couple months when listed at $900. I had to factor in time and gas for a 14 hour round trip to pick it up well.

You've got some pros and cons to what you're offereing. Its a basket engine but on the other hand some of the parts can be more easily verified.

As Mepstein stated, E-bay sold listings are the best place to set price. Many others are just pie in the sky looking for a sucker.

I'll give you a concrete example: I love vintage stereo stuff. I've been looking for a particular old school auto equalizer / booster. Realistic 12-1956. Don't ask why I want one of these -- av-943.gif

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165011314618

A really nice NOS one popped up complete with box, owners manual, and original sales receipt from 80s. It sold for an eye popping $500 - not to me laugh.gif Next week, two others pop up listed at $600ish and $440 if I recall. The $600 unit clearly has a broken face plate! The $440 unit is missing a slider knob. Both have been sitting unsold for 1/2 year and neither are worth anywhere near that price. These go for about $80-100 for a nice one on other forums than e-bay. Given their age the trick is finding a nice one and neither of these two are nice!

The $500 NOS unit was an anomaly and a nice unit for the right collector. But there is no way the other two units are worth anywhere near the asking price.

You might do better parting out the SSI stainless heat exhangers seperately - those move regularly here for $700-900 in nice clean, tested condition.

Transmission is early tail shift (not as desirable as side shift) and will leave some wondering what on earth happened to it to break the tail housing. Doesn't match vintage of the engine case but might still have core parts worth saving.

Thanks for some decent data in this post. I do truly appreciate you trying to help me value this. Happy New Year
flmont
for how much..? Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.