Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Original 914-6 GT bucket Scheel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
vw-porsche
in the forum "early911s registry" I was advised to offer my GT seat for sale here. i have been known for many years in the early 911s and can gladly give references when buying:

I am offering an original Scheel 914-6 GT bucket. this is sure to be a unique opportunity. these seats were manufactured exclusively for the werks factory GT and the GT packages. So not to be compared with Scheel 114, 314 or Scheel 300. On the picture on the left you can see a Scheel 300 for comparison. The seat is in its original condition. letherette and cord are still the first. the seat does not need anything and can be installed in the car as it is. I bought this seat 10-15 years ago from the owner of an original 914-6 GT (I know about the car's vin). the seat was part of a spare parts package for the car. due to the rarity of such seats, i think the retail price of € 7,500 is appropriate. seat fits in every 914 of course. the price includes shipping costs to usa.

regards uwe
vw-porsche
here is the picture of the seat ...
bahnzai
Uwe,
Since this is a rare and valuable seat, you should probably post more detailed pictures.

FYI I know Uwe is new to our site, but I have corresponded with him before. He goes by Bucketcollector on Pelican- and over the years has collected rare Recaro & Scheel seats, as well as associated literature. He is also a great resource if you are trying to identify a rare seat.

Good luck with the sale!!
vw-porsche
hi danny, thank you for your recommendation - I really appreciate that. yes, i have been collecting scheel and recaro buckets for over 20 years. i have now sold my collection for reasons of age. the crown jewels are finally left. the GT seat is one of them. i bought my first 914 back in 1981 and actually my heart is still attached to these vehicles. regards and happy 2022

uwe
rgalla9146
Hello Uwe..... sorry, which one in the picture ?
Can you tell me about the Scheel Mann seats pictured ?
I've had them for at least 25 years and can finally enjoy them.
Thank you
Rory
live free & drive
Armando has some info here:

https://pbase.com/9146gt/scheel_racing_bucket_seats

He might be a buyer...
mepstein
The middle seat is the 6-GT.
vw-porsche
hi rory, your scheelmann seats are the successor to the ass-scheel 114. this seat is quite heavy due to its tubular frame. the date of manufacture of your seats is likely to be in the 80s.

regards uwe
Coalboy
Sorry to jump in on this but I bought a 914 that came with two scheel seats. They don’t match and have seen some wear… I’m not sure if they are comfy?? Should I stick with them? They will be going in a 6 conversion (eventually).

Click to view attachment
mepstein
QUOTE(Coalboy @ Jan 2 2022, 03:18 PM) *

Sorry to jump in on this but I bought a 914 that came with two scheel seats. They don’t match and have seen some wear… I’m not sure if they are comfy?? Should I stick with them? They will be going in a 6 conversion (eventually).

Score on the seats. smilie_pokal.gif
One looks like an early Scheel 114, one looks like a later Scheel-Mann. I would just sit in the seats in your house and see if you like them. The more comfortable one can be the driver. Race cars / 914-6GT’s often have different driver and passenger seats. If you are not sure, just put them aside until you need to make a decision. These seats are only going up in price so even if you change your mind and sell later, they will be worth more.
Just my opinion. Good luck with your build.

welcome.png
vw-porsche
scheel / ass-scheel / scheelmann 114: some data about the 114 requested by kohlenjunge. the 114 was an aftermarket seat. it was the successor to the scheel 314. the 314 was a light fiberglass seat - while the 114 is much heavier because of the tubular frame. I could never prove whether the 114 was still built by Scheel or first by Ass Scheel. the first brochure in which a 114 appears is in 1975 and by then the company was already called "ass-scheel" - even though the scheel badge was still attached to the backrest. However, the 114 could not have come onto the market until 1973/74 at the earliest. then built as ass / scheel until the end of the 70s and then as scheelmann 114 from 1979. in this respect, the correct timing for most 914s would be the scheel 314. this was in place from 1971.

to come back to my GT seat offered above: it has nothing to do with any of these aftermarket seats, it is a pure porsche racing part. built exclusively by scheel for the 914-6 GT works cars and a few customer cars. Mepstein is wrong when he states that different seats were built into the GT at the time. The scheel GT buckets were ALWAYS installed "ex works". For circuit races, the passenger seat was removed from time to time and an unpadded shell was used (for homologation reasons). of course, a different model could be installed AFTER the driver's preference (e.g. larousse = 911R seat). Hope I could help a bit. regards uwe
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.