Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Hardware Sets?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
Looking to beef up the garage a bit by adding some general hardware sets so I don't have to run to the hardware store for small one-offs.

Not really looking for brackets, cables or 914-specific items - got that covered - just general pre-packaged kits of metric hardware for the 914-owner.
914e
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Dec 28 2021, 02:54 PM) *

Looking to beef up the garage a bit by adding some general hardware sets so I don't have to run to the hardware store for small one-offs.

Not really looking for brackets, cables or 914-specific items - got that covered - just general pre-packaged kits of metric hardware for the 914-owner.

Here is my list about halfway down the 1st page. One of the best things I ever did.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=350863

FlacaProductions
And THAT is exactly what i'm looking for. I knew I had seen this posting somewhere but various searches didn't produce. Thanks @914e
914e
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Dec 28 2021, 03:38 PM) *

And THAT is exactly what i'm looking for. I knew I had seen this posting somewhere but various searches didn't produce. Thanks @914e

Bought the hardware from Belmetric
and the drawer system from bolt depot

https://www.boltdepot.com/Empty_assortment_...ment_boxes.aspx

The drawer system cost as much as the hardware. But, it sure is nice to have it all there.
FlacaProductions
ok - i'll push my luck since you've done the heavy lifting - what combo of drawers did you get?
914e
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Dec 28 2021, 06:27 PM) *

ok - i'll push my luck since you've done the heavy lifting - what combo of drawers did you get?

I bought five of 18 compartment, four of the 12 compartment, and one 6 compartment. for two sets of drawers. I am also using them for all the electrical connectors, brass fittings and so on. I still don't have all the hardware in them either. I could have used one more 6 compartment and one less of either of the other two I have empty of both to keep growing. I'm sure at some point I will start a third drawer set.
FlacaProductions
Fantastic - thanks for sharing after blazing the trail.
GeorgeKopf
I love this site.

This exactly answers questions I have been pondering for a while.
mepstein
AA also sells a kit
GregAmy
My garage bins are filled with the remnants of past race car builds, conversions from street cars to various levels of race. I don't think I've purchased a nut or bolt in 40 years.

Of course, buying a binful of hardware would have been cheaper...

Given that most of those cars over the last 20 years were Japanese (prior decades were VW/Audi), the next owner of the car may curse me for the liberal use of 11, 12, and 14mm wrench nuts and bolts.

...then bless me for how, in many cases, that size was far easier to work with in speciific places...
brant
honda and the japanese were smart to figure out they could reduce the wrench head size by 1 mm on nearly all of the hardware....

save cost
and more importantly (especially motorcycles) they saved weight
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.