Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: early 2.0 six
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
found a 2.0 six for sale 1500 bucks cnd, complete, sandcast block, sitting for at least 5 years ...... i would like to make it into a 2.5 one day if i buy it.....but should i buy the damn thing......i am not sure what is involved in building the 2.0 to 2.5??
rhodyguy
steve, dan root seems to find running 6's for far less than that even factoring the exchange rate. where he looks, i have no idea, but he finds them.

k
Tab914
Steve!

You have a pm.
pete-stevers
After Whistler Sher and I will hopefully have him and his wife over for a Barbie Q.....and maybe a few beer3.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (pete-stevers @ Jul 29 2005, 12:29 PM)
found a 2.0 six for sale 1500 bucks cnd, complete, sandcast block...

two ways (at least...)

2,7 (90mm) pistons on the 66mm 2,0 stroke is the "big bore" and somewhat easier way, if you have a source for pistons, because otherwise you'll get about 6:1 (good if you have a turbo, i suppose...)

or you very slightly overbore 2,4 cylinders to - i forget - 86mm? you still need pistons...

the factory did it both ways. nowadays, very high compression 2,7 racing pistons can work well with otherwise basically stock cylinders. you'll need to have the heads opened up (or use 2,7 heads) and of course have the case spigots opened up. and add piston squirters, without which Nikasil cylinders won't last very long, and do something about strengthening the rods and we can onlyhope you have a counterweighted S crankshaft...

pretty easy, actually...

i think if i had an aluminum 2,0 case i'd build up a "Baby 935" engine. for a 2,5 you'd probably be money ahead to just start with a 5R 2,2 or 7R case...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.