Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Interior (backpad) light?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
IronHillRestorations
Are there any good replacement or reproduction interior lights out there? I know NOS Hellas are impossible to find and pricey.
BillJ
It would seem that nobody reproduces the version with the silver border, only the plain style.
Mike Fitton
PM sent on this.
914Sixer
Lots of reproductions, All with black switch and no chrome edge. Most around $20-$30.
914_teener
There is an LED replacement that acutually lights up the cabin instead of a nice glow. As far as the diffuser cover...think Hella still makes it.

Mike Fitton
I've got this one. Some of the silver edge is starting to peel but no cracks or missing pieces. $65 shipped in the USA.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Gatornapper
$12.

http://vwparts.aircooled.net/Interior-Ligh...11-947-111e.htm

QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Dec 29 2021, 09:39 AM) *

Are there any good replacement or reproduction interior lights out there? I know NOS Hellas are impossible to find and pricey.

IronHillRestorations
Thanks @MikeFitton and everyone that replied. I found a serviceable part in the owners boxes of misc parts.
fixer34
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Jan 1 2022, 08:03 AM) *

Thanks @MikeFitton and everyone that replied. I found a serviceable part in the owners boxes of misc parts.

Well, if there is another one in those boxes, I'm interested...

Or if someone wants the white switch version
https://www.ebay.com/itm/274923434102
wonkipop
it comes out of a beetle.
from early 70s. got to be a beetle. think thats the only other vw model used them.
these are the later ones with the three position flush white switch.
(though picture above is early 914 version?, also same as earlier late 60s beetle version)

beetle = alternative source for finding one. maybe plenty still about second hand?
i pulled a couple of spare ones out of junkyard beetles here in aus 20 years back.

i'm sure they are still out there to find.
DC_neun_vierzehn
Has anybody ever installed a 911 interior light as a replacement?

The on/off function is a little different obv (instead of a slide switch it's a tap function).

Looks a bit more elegant IMO. I imagine the hole in the back pad would need to be slightly enlarged, but otherwise should be plug and play, correct?

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
You have to alter the back pad to use the 911 toggle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.