Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Made a BIG decision this week.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Series9
I'm finally going to do it.

I'm leaving flying in two years to start a shop in Florida. I've already started looking for an acre of land to build a shop and house. I'll be setting up on the I-4 corridor between DeLand and Lake Mary.

My race # will be 726 (the date we decided to move home) from now on.

I hope one of you guys will be my first customer. beerchug.gif
URY914
Alex Job Racing is in that area also a P-car engine builder.
Their in Travares.

I-4 Corridor is the place to be.

Paul
TravisNeff
Excellent!
ArtechnikA
so does this mean you'll be putting us up when we come in for the 24 Hrs ?
URY914
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Jul 29 2005, 09:45 AM)

If you're coming down for the 24 you better tell us.

We'll have a Club meeting at Hooter's across from the track.

P
Series9
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Jul 29 2005, 10:45 AM)

I'll be AT the 24hr, so I'll see you there....and Sebring.....and Homestead.......and Moroso.....and Roebling.....and Atlanta.... biggrin.gif
Mueller
wow, what a change in climate, from AZ to FL wacko.gif

you'll have to install side windows in your 9146RS now.... smash.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE (914RS @ Jul 29 2005, 10:18 AM)
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Jul 29 2005, 10:45 AM)

I'll be AT the 24hr, so I'll see you there....and Sebring.....and Homestead.......and Moroso.....and Roebling.....and Atlanta.... biggrin.gif

Kewl...when ya learn to drive....you'll be in there.... cool_shades.gif
smg914
Also in the Orlando area (all 914 people)......

Ron Zitza @ Zoltz Racing. Orlando, FL
Sid Collins @ Troysport, Orlando, FL
David Faith @ Readbone Garage, Orlando, FL
Bill Stockton @ Autohaus, Stuart, FL
scotty914
i guess i should go get my pilots license, then i can just buy your house and take over your job. solve a bunch of problems in one shot
VegasRacer
QUOTE (914RS @ Jul 29 2005, 09:29 AM)
I'll be setting up on the I-4 corridor between DeLand and Lake Mary.

Forget the race tracks and Porsche shops. What about the important stuff.

Have they got any Mico-Breweries in that area? beer.gif
Series9
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jul 29 2005, 11:58 AM)
Have they got any Mico-Breweries in that area? beer.gif

I'm familiar with the shops in Orlando, because I'm a native. I know Ron Zitza and the guys at Redbone. I've selected a location that won't step on any toes.

As for beer, I'll probably have to go back to making my own like I did before I moved to Albuquerque (from Orlando). We'll see. Maybe Orlando needs a Turtle Mountain Brewing Co. franchise for Luckie to manage. beer.gif

Here's the latest news: We're riding home on our bicycles! 23 days on the bikes and 1840 miles! It'll be a once-in-a-lifetime ride and I've already mapped the route. It should be fun to run a daily update thread here so you guys 'ride along'.
Series9
Just for fun, here's the route:

23 days on the bike and 1840 miles:

Clines Corners (80 miles) I-40 east
Ft. Sumner (100 miles) 285 to 60
Muleshoe (89 miles) 84 (cross into TX)
Lubbock (66 miles) 84
Snyder (87 miles) 84
Abilene (81 miles) 180 to 277
Day off
Dublin (88 miles) 36 to 587 to 6
Waco (91 miles) 6
Centerville (81 miles) 6 to 7
Livingston (93 miles) 75 to 190
Newton (75 miles) 190
Kinder (73 miles) 190 to 110 to 171 to 190 (cross into LA)
Day off
Baton Rouge (97 miles) 190
Slidell (86 miles) 190 to Hammond then south to 22 to 190
Biloxi (59 miles) 190 to 90 (cross into MS)
Spanish Fort (66 miles) 90 (cross into AL)
Ft. Walton Beach (94 miles) 90 to 98 (cross into FL)
Panama City Beach (60 miles) 98
Day off
Carrabelle (84 miles) 98
Perry (84 miles) 98
Chiefland (68 miles) Alt 27
Silver Springs (61 miles) 27
Home (77 miles) 40 to 17/92

JoeSharp
This is good news. I'll wish you Luck, but I know see is already on your side.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
TravisNeff
Let me know if you need a shop flunkie, I am sure I could ruin a few things for you with relative ease smash.gif lol.
jonwatts
At first I thought you were serious but then I read the part about the bikes. screwy.gif
Gint
Best of luck man!
Series9
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Jul 29 2005, 05:48 PM)
At first I thought you were serious but then I read the part about the bikes. screwy.gif

Oh, we're serious. If you're a cyclist, you would know what we're talking about.

The idea of a month off to pedal 1800 miles sounds like fun, so that's exactly what we're going to do. biggrin.gif
GWN7
Some people go to Europe and ride their bikes all over........what was that guys name last week?......Lance Armstrong......why not at home biggrin.gif

smilie_pokal.gif
scotty914
well i see you ignored my joke post so here is a real post

congrats, hopefully you do well.

as for the bike ride, it is doable, when in high school i was going to do a cross country ride. i had sponsors and all, and was going to be in a group of about 50 with support vehicles. but about 1 week before the ride my bike was stolen.

we would have had it easy, nothing to carry but fluids. are you planning on hotels stays or camping
Series9
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Jul 29 2005, 11:20 PM)
well i see you ignored my joke post so here is a real post

congrats, hopefully you do well.

as for the bike ride, it is doable, when in high school i was going to do a cross country ride. i had sponsors and all, and was going to be in a group of about 50 with support vehicles. but about 1 week before the ride my bike was stolen.

we would have had it easy, nothing to carry but fluids. are you planning on hotels stays or camping

We'll see how it unfolds, but I'm sure we'll camp some. A friend has offered to drive a support vehicle, so we won't have to carry anything.
cha914
Congrats Joe!

It was good meeting you in Alb, can't wait to come see you in Florida in a couple years ... if you plan your shop as well as you planed the RS you should do great!

Also, thats awesome about the ride across america, my Mom and Sister were a pit crew for a similar ride across (seattle to NY) a few years back, so be sure to update us with solid dates and I will be more than happy to help out when you blow through Texas smilie_pokal.gif

Congrats again,

Tony

PS - gonna try for the MUSR?
Series9
QUOTE (cha914 @ Jul 30 2005, 08:42 AM)
Congrats Joe!

It was good meeting you in Alb, can't wait to come see you in Florida in a couple years ... if you plan your shop as well as you planed the RS you should do great!

Also, thats awesome about the ride across america, my Mom and Sister were a pit crew for a similar ride across (seattle to NY) a few years back, so be sure to update us with solid dates and I will be more than happy to help out when you blow through Texas smilie_pokal.gif

Congrats again,

Tony

PS - gonna try for the MUSR?

Thanks Tony.

I'm hoping to see club members along the way. MUSR will be a last-minute decision for me this year depending on my flying schedule, but I will try to make it.
redshift
Roebling.. smile.gif

Bring stuff for me to look at, I like looking at stuff.

M
Series9
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 30 2005, 12:10 PM)
Roebling.. smile.gif

M

Wow. I could actually meet the elusive MH. sheeplove.gif
MoveQik
Best of luck to you! Obviously there is not going to be a lack of talent and skills in your shop. I'm sure you'll do great. beerchug.gif
Katmanken
Hey Joe

With a pilots license in Florida you can always fly in drugs for a little extra cash!

That's what everyone else does. happy11.gif

Ken
redshift
QUOTE (914RS @ Jul 30 2005, 03:22 PM)
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 30 2005, 12:10 PM)
Roebling.. smile.gif

M

Wow. I could actually meet the elusive MH. sheeplove.gif

Bring your own goat.

No pictures, please.

M
Series9
QUOTE (kwales @ Jul 30 2005, 04:46 PM)
Hey Joe

With a pilots license in Florida you can always fly in drugs for a little extra cash!

Ken

Before I moved to NM, I flew skydivers in FL in Twin Otters. They all have drugs. Trust me, I have 860 jumps. cool.gif
LuckieO
QUOTE (914RS @ Jul 30 2005, 06:25 PM)
Hey Joe

Ken

Before I moved to NM, I flew skydivers in FL in Twin Otters. They all have drugs. Trust me, I have 860 jumps. cool.gif

Not once have I taken drugs on a jump plane...I may have had a beer stuffed in my jumpsuit once, and I only opened it after I was under canopy...last jump of the day, of course! happy11.gif
Joe,

Congrats and Best of Luck.

Thanks for the help with the trannie parts.
cool.gif
xitspd
Joe,

I wish you the best of "Luck" in your new venture. I know you will be successful. You are creative and have a strong attention to detail! The RS is an excellent example of your skills.

Dan
MJHanna
QUOTE (LuckieO @ Jul 30 2005, 09:25 PM)
QUOTE (914RS @ Jul 30 2005, 06:25 PM)
Hey Joe

Ken

Not once have I taken drugs on a jump plane...I may have had a beer stuffed in my jumpsuit once, and I only opened it after I was under canopy...last jump of the day, of course! happy11.gif

You opened your jumpsuit? So was that a bare breasted babe blelching on a brew? biggrin.gif
LuckieO
QUOTE (MJHanna @ Aug 1 2005, 09:20 AM)
You opened your jumpsuit? So was that a bare breasted babe blelching on a brew? biggrin.gif

I had a sprots bra on that time...the beer was a bit too cold to put against my bare skin! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.