Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another Headlight Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmascari
I have been working out the issues with my headlights. I finally have both of them going up when I pull the headlight switch. When I push it down to close the headlights, the left one goes down but the right one stays up. I measured the voltage on the green and grey wire when we push the switch in and it looks like I am getting power for the headlight to go down. I assume the motor is good if the headlight goes up. I also assume the relay is good if the headlight goes up. I feel like I am really close to having this solved.
mmichalik
This was the issue I was having. The lights would go up, only one would go down.
Sometimes the one that wouldn't go down would just cycle up and down as well.
It turned out, for me at least, to be a bad relay. But, when I put in the new relays from 914rubber (which are great by the way) it would blow the corresponding fuse.
I ended up finding an old relay that I had, that was still good and, that did the trick (had to go through a few of them)
You can test this out by swapping the two relays you have in there now. The opposite side will not go down. At least that's how I found it out on mine.
mmascari
QUOTE(mmichalik @ Dec 29 2021, 11:10 AM) *

This was the issue I was having. The lights would go up, only one would go down.
Sometimes the one that wouldn't go down would just cycle up and down as well.
It turned out, for me at least, to be a bad relay. But, when I put in the new relays from 914rubber (which are great by the way) it would blow the corresponding fuse.
I ended up finding an old relay that I had, that was still good and, that did the trick (had to go through a few of them)
You can test this out by swapping the two relays you have in there now. The opposite side will not go down. At least that's how I found it out on mine.

Thank you for sharing. I will try some different relays.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.