Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: Set of Mahle wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
billh1963
Dirty (in my warehouse which has no water) but surprisingly nice and uncurbed.

$500. Prefer local pickup in SC. I do go to the Charlotte area monthly and can meet up there.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914werke
Is that 4 or 5?
NARP74
If there is one extra, I'll take it.
Jett
I count four.
914Sixer
Inquiring minds will want to know IF the wheels have been spun on wheel balancer to check for out of round.
billh1963
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 30 2021, 10:13 AM) *

Inquiring minds will want to know IF the wheels have been spun on wheel balancer to check for out of round.

Never seen that mentioned on any wheels sold on here before. Something specific for Mahle's?
billh1963
Four rims
NARP74
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 30 2021, 08:13 AM) *

caveat emptor
BillJ
Spin for trueness isnt a mahle only thing. I will ask that when i am buying used wheels too.
NARP74
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Dec 30 2021, 08:42 AM) *

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 30 2021, 10:13 AM) *

Never seen that mentioned on any wheels sold on here before. Something specific for Mahle's?

I've seen it mentioned a lot, mostly with wheels. Seems like the price would go way up with that guarantee. The cost would have to be added to the selling price. I have not seen it mentioned with most of the other used parts that get sold. Not sure why it comes up with the wheels. Maybe someone got burned once.
914Sixer
Mahle and Pedrini wheels were cast NOT forged as the Fuchs were. They were VERY easily bent and that is why they need to be checked. From personal experience it is not unusual to have one or two bent wheels.
burton73
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Dec 30 2021, 10:26 AM) *

Mahle and Pedrini wheels were cast NOT forged as the Fuchs were. They were VERY easily bent and that is why they need to be checked. From personal experience it is not unusual to have one or two bent wheels.

Who fixes these and how much doe it cost?

Bob B
NARP74
We have one around here, it is pricey. That's why I said no one should have to do it just to sell the wheels. X4 or 5 would really add up.

https://woodyswheelworks.com/pages/wheel-repair-services

mepstein
QUOTE(NARP74 @ Dec 30 2021, 10:45 PM) *

We have one around here, it is pricey. That's why I said no one should have to do it just to sell the wheels. X4 or 5 would really add up.

https://woodyswheelworks.com/pages/wheel-repair-services

They’ve repaired motorcycle wheels for me. Good people.
Jett
From the pictures, the rims look dirty but no damage, and at $125/wheel that is a great price IMO. Pictures of the backside could help.
billh1963
QUOTE(Jett @ Dec 30 2021, 11:09 PM) *

Pictures of the backside could help.

Here you go...

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
914ltd
[quote name='914Sixer' date='Dec 30 2021, 10:26 AM' post='2970608']
[/quote

I agree with Mark, The cast wheels are somewhat rare to find in straight sets of 4. I recommend you always check these. Brad Mayeur
914LIVE
=================================

Most tire places/companies will check
them for free.

A must for cast wheels.

Better safe than sorry !!!

=================================
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.