Full Version: Under engine tins
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jkb081
Sorry, keep getting “error” notifications
jkb081
QUOTE(jkb081 @ Dec 30 2021, 03:25 AM) *

Sorry, keep getting “error” notifications

I will try this one more time:
My question was. Should my 73 1.7 have tins underneath the engine covering the push rod tubes. I have seen pictures of 914s with and without them. My air cooled VWs had them, even my water cooled Vanagon has them. So my question is, should my engine have them. I have searched online but cannot find an answer.
DRPHIL914
@jkb081

Yes.
there are the ones that are under(above) the push rod tubes and the one that is just above the shift rod, but all of those help deflect and direct air for cooling of the heads.

Phil
Mark Henry
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Dec 30 2021, 07:40 AM) *

@jkb081

Yes.
there are the ones that are under(above) the push rod tubes and the one that is just above the shift rod, but all of those help deflect and direct air for cooling of the heads.

Phil

The ones that are under(above) the push rod tubes are a must have, the other lower tins only work with SSI or stock heat exchangers.
jkb081
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Dec 30 2021, 07:40 AM) *

@jkb081

Yes.

Phil

Thank you. Yes, my engine has those. I have seen pictures of engines on this site showing both with and without tins covering the bottom (side closest to the pavement) of the push rod tubes. I have also looked at several exploded views of engine tin placement pictures. However the print quality is very poor and hard to distinguish what is what.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.