Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 914/6 Repro oiltanks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Marek
Hi Guys

I just wanted to keep you updated on my 914/6 Oiltank reproduction
"Only" with 1 year delay due to Corona , supply problems , crazy steel prices etc

We will be ready in January to ship the first out

Priced at 699€ + shipping

made to original specs

they are not copper plated , comes black painted

Special offers if you buy the additional oil filter console, standard or S model
we also made the 30mm spacers

Filler knecks , standard or GT

I will post more in the for sale section in January

or you are welcome to mail me direct at early911parts@gmail.com

All the best for New years and stay safe guys

MarekClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
mate914
That's a nice looking tank.
Matt flag.gif
Cairo94507
That looks like a really nice tank. GLWTS. beerchug.gif
bossboy302
Looks great! Is it baffled inside? Thx
sixnotfour
wow,, is the inside per factory DWG. ?
mb911
These are factory in every way. I have bought many items over the years from Marek. I will caution you that shipping and duties is incredibly high. I ended up losing a bunch of money on the last order of filler necks and ended up just building my own for my tanks.

Mareks parts are top notch just be prepared for the duties monster to get you.. it was a very unwelcoming discovery.
Jett
Is there an advantage to these tanks over the OEM ones that Sunset sells for ~1100 USD? For an extra $300 USD I favor the OEM part unless there is a mechanical difference?

https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/oem-part...ank-90110700546
mb911
QUOTE(Jett @ Dec 31 2021, 09:04 AM) *

Is there an advantage to these tanks over the OEM ones that Sunset sells for ~1100 USD? For an extra $300 USD I favor the OEM part unless there is a mechanical difference?

https://www.sunsetporscheparts.com/oem-part...ank-90110700546

I think they are identical.

I know that the difference for mime vs these are my vertical baffles to purge as much air from the oil as possible
burton73
Well the factory platted the tanks in copper
under the black paint.

If they plated, it must have been important to them to do, can you or someone shed some light on this cooper platting that yours do not have on them

Bob B
burton73
They do look very nice
bossboy302
Very nice
bossboy302

very nice
mepstein
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jan 3 2022, 04:08 PM) *

Well the factory platted the tanks in copper
under the black paint.

If they plated, it must have been important to them to do, can you or someone shed some light on this cooper platting that yours do not have on them

Bob B

Most of the reproduction tanks being made, Dansk, etc. do not plate. These cars are no longer daily drivers so it’s not as important.
mb911
If they are painted that's really all it needs. I was painting my aluminum tanks but I chose a material that is marine grade and needs no painting. The steel should be painted at the very least.
gms
This is another example of @Marek fine craftsmanship!
mepstein
QUOTE(gms @ Jan 3 2022, 05:10 PM) *

This is another example of @Marek fine craftsmanship!

It might be Dansk since I believe Marek works for them.
troth
Marek,

Looking forward to seeing prices for your set up. I think I recall you working on the GT/911S thermostat as well. The very few folks selling original ones seem to want stupid money for them. Porsche Classic is now offering the appropriate filter console, I haven't inquired but I am sure price will be excessive.

I think somebody had a complete, original GT oil system (including an original cooler) listed for something like $20k, and that was a number of years ago.

Thermostat is quite noticeable in the engine bay so would be great to have a correct looking one.

https://pbase.com/9146gt/image/22244493
Marek
Hi Guys

Thanks for the kind words, here is a small update

1st the tanks are spot on to original in every detail, not copper plated as its very difficult process plus the price would add 500€ easy to each tank
so black powder coated and protected inside with anti rust corrision additive
the same which all tanks from Porsche are delivered today , instruction is included with the tank what it is, how to flush it before use etc

2nd is the pricing 699€ is the retail european end customer price INCL danish 25% VAT
yes its crazy the vat we got , nothing compared to our taxes and 150% tax on cars yes, the most expensive cars in the world, so if you buy it outside europe you dont pay the VAT so the tank will be 559€ BUT you have to pay the import tax and duty and offcause shipping

3rd I dont work for Dansk this is not there product ,BUT I know them very good and we work closed on different non related porsche parts on daily basis
they will also offer the tank to there End clients , so will Restoration design and 914 rubber and a few other European resellers

or you can buy it direct from mine on my Very soon to be 914 GT website , Only GT related parts
where I can offer you some special deals which I am working on

as we have made the different Oil filter consoles
and fillers 3 types, original , GT and GT with over pressure output

all will be to some put together to somekind of a package deal where you can save a few €€

the S oil filter console have been on the market for some time and is 449€
the Thermostat is 499€
the normal console is 199€
spacer 30 mm is 39€

at the moment the world supply situation is crazy
I am waiting now for 3 months for double layer carton boxes to pack these babies safe
hopefully I get them next week

but its crazy not to speak of the prices, I am sure you guys know of the situation

and we are finishing the tanks as we speak each inspected , so end of the month we are good to go

on top of that I am working on all the oil lines for a GT set up and the Oilcooler
all to org specs

the brass oil lines for the sill are done 425€ a set and working har to finish all the
oil lines for a full GT set up

you are wellcome to follow me on insta #early911parts to see what else we do ... I am new to this SOME thing :-)
Marek

the 3 different oil kneck fillers comes with the cap
mepstein
My apologies. I mixed up - "Well its no secret, that I do some work for JP group from Denmark , the company that makes SSI and DANSK bodyparts etc" - with, work for.

https://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/sh...SI-goes-online-!

Thank you for helping to introduce great products for our cars. beerchug.gif
mb911
So looks like $635 plus shipping for your tanks? You make great parts no doubt. I really wish we could have worked together on some of these parts. Best of luck
Marek

Hi Guys

First batch of 300 pcs sold out quick , so loads of conversions going on out there
second run on stock

I chip in a Oil filter console at 695 EURO
shipping out of Denmark

if you are interested send me a email to early911parts@gmail.com

Regards
Marek
914werke
QUOTE(Marek @ Jan 23 2023, 02:57 PM) *
Hi Guys First batch of 300 pcs sold out quick , so loads of conversions going on out there
second run on stock I chip in a Oil filter console at 695 EURO shipping out of Denmark
Regards Marek

695. EURO = 755.59 USD, + shipping ?
Root_Werks
That looks like a top-notch product!
mb911
QUOTE(914werke @ Jan 23 2023, 03:09 PM) *

QUOTE(Marek @ Jan 23 2023, 02:57 PM) *
Hi Guys First batch of 300 pcs sold out quick , so loads of conversions going on out there
second run on stock I chip in a Oil filter console at 695 EURO shipping out of Denmark
Regards Marek

695. EURO = 755.59 USD, + shipping ?

yup about that. That is why I made a market correction
jc73-914
very very nice looking tank smilie_pokal.gif
Marek
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Jan 23 2023, 04:48 PM) *

That looks like a top-notch product!

THX you are right , they are top notch :-)
all made as original in shape , size, hoses etc etc
Marek
Hi Guys

Brian from Cali ,just got his oiltank and send me some nice words

Tank arrived today. Came right to front door!!!
This thing is jewelry. I hate to put it under the fender where it is hard to see.
When I park, I’ll put a mirror on the ground…ha!
Great job! Thanks again

Thanks Brian for the trust and glad you like it

still lots of Oiltanks on stock biggrin.gif

Regards
Marek

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.