Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear valence for...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Speedo
Thinking about one of Ben's GT3 mufflers and would need a valence with the hump (or oval hole) in the middle. Let me know whatcha got. Is anybody making these?
914werke
In Metal of FG?
Im just finishing up one for a customer & one of Ben's "GT" dual center mufflers.
Mikey914
We do a fiberglass one that can be cut easily.

https://914rubber.com/fiberglass-rear-valance-black-gelcoat
mb911
Does anyone make a flared one ?
mlindner
Ben, we have a customer in the shop asking for a GT3 style exhaust. So we might be making a valence with flares to finish the look. Kelly-Moss/Accumoto. Best, Mark
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Speedo @ Jan 2 2022, 07:13 PM) *

Thinking about one of Ben's GT3 mufflers and would need a valence with the hump (or oval hole) in the middle. Let me know whatcha got. Is anybody making these?
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 2 2022, 08:13 PM) *

We do a fiberglass one that can be cut easily.

https://914rubber.com/fiberglass-rear-valance-black-gelcoat

@Speedo

this is what i did, i bought the fiberglass from 914rubber and made a template and cut out the opening then primed and sprayed with wurth stoneguard, the painted to seal it good. Looks nice. I would love to have a metal one someday but i dont want to mess up my OEM one.
@914werke what are you charging to make a metal one? mine would be the twin tip center , narrow body car.

Phil
Speedo
Interested also in a tall metal version...or fiberglass.
mb911
QUOTE(mlindner @ Jan 3 2022, 05:28 AM) *

Ben, we have a customer in the shop asking for a GT3 style exhaust. So we might be making a valence with flares to finsih the look. Kelly-Moss/Accumoto. Best, Mark

Cool
Steve
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 3 2022, 04:01 AM) *

Call up AIR, they used to make the GT rear valance,
https://americaninternationalracing.com/pro...rear-valance-2/
gereed75
I bought a fiberglass one a few years back from 914dave at Hersey. Not sure where he got. Below is a picture of it vented and cut for a center outlet GT3 muff

Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
@gereed75 - That is a great looking valance for the GT muffler. beerchug.gif
Al Meredith
I have suggested a couple of times on this subject that maybe 914 rubber or restoration design should look at doing a 914-6 rear vallance due to the number of 914s being converted to sixs and need to cover the larger muffler . maybe even with louvers .
peteyd
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Jan 4 2022, 07:18 AM) *

I have suggested a couple of times on this subject that maybe 914 rubber or restoration design should look at doing a 914-6 rear vallance due to the number of 914s being converted to sixs and need to cover the larger muffler . maybe even with louvers .

We have the /6 valence scanned and the tooling designed. I just need to put that tool in cue once the 356 speedster is complete.

Click to view attachment
gereed75
Pete, incredible things you guys are doing. Hope you sell a bunch

Restoration Design could not be in better hands really impressive
racerbvd
QUOTE(gereed75 @ Jan 4 2022, 07:59 AM) *

I bought a fiberglass one a few years back from 914dave at Hersey. Not sure where he got. Below is a picture of it vented and cut for a center outlet GT3 muff

Click to view attachment

That is very sweet..
sbsix
Pete,

Put me down for a six rear valence as soon as they are ready!

Gary
mb911
QUOTE(Speedo @ Jan 2 2022, 04:13 PM) *

@speedo I do have 1 muffler set aside for you with gt3 tail pipes if you are interested let me know or it will go on the open market as I close out these mufflers.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Al Meredith @ Jan 4 2022, 07:18 AM) *

Yes on the list I’ll bump it up.
Mark
Speedo
Ok,
Got the GT3 muffler from Ben. Also received several tall rear valance offers from scammers. Needing to source either a tall fiberglass varient or an original 6 valence to copy in fiberglass. Considering louvers or mesh, like shown above. Or if someone has the capability to produce one for a GT3 muffler, send me a PM or email directly. biggrin.gif
Speedo
And a rear valence bump...
Speedo
Still looking for rear tall valence cheer.gif
gcrotvik
QUOTE(Speedo @ Jan 19 2022, 12:34 PM) *

Ok,
Got the GT3 muffler from Ben. Also received several tall rear valance offers from scammers. Needing to source either a tall fiberglass varient or an original 6 valence to copy in fiberglass. Considering louvers or mesh, like shown above. Or if someone has the capability to produce one for a GT3 muffler, send me a PM or email directly. biggrin.gif

Patrick Motorsport made a fiberglass 6 rear valance at one time. I don't see it on his web site. Here it is in this picture.

https://patrickmotorsports.com/collections/...ts/bod914rgtlid

I'd give Jim a call.
mb911
Autoatlanta.com does have them back in stock. I got one a few weeks back.
Montreal914
I bought a narrow body fiberglass tall one without the port hole a few years back from A.I.R.

Haven't tried it on yet, still ways to go in my rebuild until I reach this point.

https://americaninternationalracing.com/pro...e-rear-valance/

Best is probably to contact them and tell them what you want.

Good luck! smile.gif
Speedo
So I am still on the hunt for a six rear valance...steel or FG. Going to use it to make a buck and create a rear valance for Ben's GT3 muffler. Please email me.
burton73
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 3 2022, 05:01 AM) *

Marty at MSDS had them made for flair cars. I got one. May still have it

Bob B
mb911
I have steel valance flares in the works.
Speedo
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jun 22 2022, 04:57 PM) *

I have steel valance flares in the works.

How about non-flared stock?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.