Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steel wheels - information please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
Bibble
Hello all, apologies if I have missed an update on this subject previously.

I have a set of steel wheels, hopefully a picture of one attached (not very good at uploading these things) biggrin.gif

The wheels are a little rusty but where I have cleaned them up there are some identification marks.

These are a:
VW sign in a circle?
A letter T -? Which indicates?
The size of the wheel 5 1/2 J x15 - I get that
A circle with 10/73 inside - is this date of manufacture?
ET40 -?

I would appreciate any info particularly around the date and I presume these were a standard fitment wheel? We’re they limited to any particular CC of vehicle?

Click to view attachment
914werke
That they are 5.5 & ET 40 would indicate they are 914 application wheels (vs bug for instances which would be narrower and or a diff. offset) 10/73 would indicate they might have been fitted to a MY74 car. The only other feature worth mentioning is a raised lip surrounding each of the rectangular slots which was omitted on later MY wheels
Bibble
QUOTE(914werke @ Jan 3 2022, 10:11 AM) *

That they are 5.5 & ET 40 would indicate they are 914 application wheels (vs bug for instances which would be narrower and or a diff. offset) 10/73 would indicate they might have been fitted to a MY74 car. The only other feature worth mentioning is a raised lip surrounding each of the rectangular slots which was omitted on later MY wheels

Good morning and many thanks for your very helpful reply - appreciated.

Best wishes - Jonathan biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.