Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Combo Gauge Quetion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Literati914
Maybe it would be better to ask elsewhere but perhaps someone here can tell me: regarding the earlier 911/912 cars that had fuel/temp combo gauges without the auxilary lights (Alt, Brake, Oil) - what was done to address warnings on these items? Maybe they were in the speedometers or other gauges? I'm doubting Porsche just skipped this, but then I'm not sure either.

Follow up to that.. is there a "good" solution for using one of those gauges in a 914? so, like maybe drilling small individual holes in the dash face for colored LEDs? Etc?

My other thought is to convert a stock /4 gauge to include a temp gauge (similar to what the 914/6 had) ... but then, what's the solution for the red brake warning light?

914Sixer
911's had 5 gauges so the brake light was with the fuel gauge
ClayPerrine
You can find a triple gauge kit. It will give you the tank, oil pressure, and oil temp gauges, and the appropriate generator, brake and oil pressure lights.

Clay
roblav1
You could always just get a 69-73 911 Aux gauge, add a seperate fuel gauge and forego the emergency brake warning light.
gereed75
With some ingenuity and craft skills it is pretty easy to modify gages to include a variety of lights and additional gages. You will need to buy a couple of old gages from which to cannibilize parts and even new VDO movements are actually available

The stock 914 temp/fuel gage is a good one to start with because it has a lot of open uncut space on the face to work with.

Somewhere on here is a classic DIY how to thread that has lots of great ideas on how to get this done. Below is the one I built. of course you can have Hollywood or other gage services build you 9ne.

Click to view attachment
bossboy302
Nice...
Love to know how you did that....guess is u started with 911 combo gauge? Thx
gereed75
Link to thread that also contains a link to the origin thread

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=258558&hl=
Luke M
I had a guy over on Pelican site build me one for my 6. I'm using a 914-6 GT fuel style gauge so went to the 911 oil temp/press gauge with a silver dot on it. It has the oil, gen and e-brake lights all on the same gauge. I'll post a pick later and the price was cheap compared to the big companies out there. I'll post his user name too. Just need to send him a core gauge for him to redo.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.