Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 Heat Exchangers...worth saving?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
billh1963
More from my parts stash. These are crusty around a couple of the edges and there's a small hole (not shown) in one of the tin pieces. I have no way of testing them at the moment. With the availability of new stuff these days is there any value (other than "historical interest") in cleaning up and doing any necessary repairs on these original parts? I don't want to waste time on them if it makes more sense to replace them.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
Those have some value. Price a set of headers!
roblav1
Those look repairable! Pressure test the tubes. An air compressor, or even a water hose with a soap solution. Stock header / heat exchangers work very well... even for up to a basic level 3.0 six. Those look better than the set I have which came with my factory 6.
mepstein
@MB911

Ben has made much worse look good again.
mb911
I just bought a set from perry that are worse and I will be fixing. For reference my headers have jumped to $2200 a set and that is no heat. To fix those it's probably in the 1k range.
Cairo94507
Yes- worth repairing and saving. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.