Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any one ever use a cool shirt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
I was on the Racer wholesale website and seen cool shirt system and was wondering if anyone has use one before.

I don't do big track stuff yet cool_shades.gif but after spending weekends sweating in 95+ heat waiting for my next AX run this portable system looks pretty good to me. What do ya think?
ClayPerrine
Seeing this made me think that the medical cappilary tubing could be put into the seat. Then you would have a cool seat on a hot day, even with the top off!!!

idea.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jul 29 2005, 01:15 PM)
Seeing this made me think that the medical cappilary tubing could be put into the seat. Then you would have a cool seat on a hot day, even with the top off!!!

idea.gif

get a pump, and a small icechest..... put it behind your seat. and yove got your own refirgerated seat smile.gif
Randal
Go to Button Willow or Thunder Hill in the summer and you'll wish you had one.

It is either that or the old Bontempi method, i.e., submerge a t-shirt in ice water and put it on under your driving suit, right before going to the grid.

Mueller
QUOTE (Randal @ Jul 29 2005, 01:35 PM)
Go to Button Willow or Thunder Hill in the summer and you'll wish you had one.

It is either that or the old Bontempi method, i.e., submerge a t-shirt in ice water and put it on under your driving suit, right before going to the grid.

i've only taken the A/C equipped cars to ThunderHill...sure it cost a few HP, but I was cool biggrin.gif
smg914
I have an ISOTHERM COOL VEST that has never been removed from the plastic bag it came in. I believe I paid around $180.00 for it. I'd consider selling it if you want it. I'd probably want $100.00 plus shipping.
914fire
We use similar type cool vests under Level A haz-mat suits. that way you only sweat off 10 pounds instead of 20 when its above 80 outside. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.