Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 front suspensions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
Will the complete front suspension including brakes, struts and torsion bars from a SC/Carrera work on the front of a 914? I believe they will but want to get some feed back from those that have done it.
I plan on also converting the rear to 5 bolt with Eric Shea's setup. smilie_pokal.gif
Thanks
brant
Yep.....

if you get the torsion bars, then get the A-arms with them.

brant
lapuwali
The A-arms and torsion bars are a matched set. You can use 914 arms/bars OR 911 arms/bars with 914 or 911 struts. If all you want are 5-lug hubs and better brakes, you can just buy the struts/hubs/calipers/rotors. The 914 rack/crossmember/a-arms/bars can stay. Balljoints are also matched to the strut, and early 914 joints won't work with later 911 struts. Both types of balljoints will work with any 914 A-arms, though.

SirAndy
QUOTE (Dan (Almaden Valley) @ Jul 29 2005, 02:58 PM)
Will the complete front suspension including brakes, struts and torsion bars from a SC/Carrera work on the front of a 914?

yupp, i got complete '84 911 carrera front suspension. a-arms, torsion bars, struts & shocks, crossmember, brakes, the whole enchilada ...

wink.gif Andy
pete-stevers
yup....84sc in mine too.. as for the rear, stick with Eric, I didn't and one day will have to get him to help me fix mine
914forme
Yep again I have an 89 enitire front in mine, and the rear calipers also with venteed rears, don't need them, they where cheap coould not pass up. Heavy as all get out thou. What you trying to stop that fast, I am a firm beliver in never having too much brakes, but Carreras can be over kill if you don't need to stop a freight train on an acorn.

I like them the wife hates them, something about a brake check has pissed her off since day one. She asked "can this thing stop" I hit the brakes, and hauled her down fast, she did not see the humor of the situation like I did. The answer was yes! Stop now it does, hmmm

Stephen
grantsfo
How much more does this suspension and and brake set up add over standard 4 bolt? Just curious. Is the extra weight worth the extra braking power?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.