Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD-1974 914 V8 conversion project- $3700
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
bahnzai
1974 914 v8 conversion with a Chevy 283 engine and 914 tail shifter tranny. I believe this was a Rod Simpson conversion from the late '80s. I have had the car for about 15 years. The previous owner about the same. It was a running/driving car when purchased. It has set for several years and is not currently running. The fuel tank is out and the lines need to be flushed. I drained the oil, put in fresh and the engine cranks over easily. When I pour a little fuel in the carburetor, the engine will fire off.
It uses a engine mount similar to a Quick-6, with mounts that attach to the standard 914-4 cross bar. The car has a nice set of ATS wheels and BMW front calipers. It was originally a white L80E car with a red repaint sometime in the past that is now maybe a 20 footer. Fairly solid car, good longs, battery shelf was replace before my ownership, hell-hole is ok, but the passenger side floor board behind the seat is bad. Some bubbles on the doors.
Good place to start for a Subby conversion with the radiator already in and vented, or keep the 283 and lighten it up (has old cast exhaust manifolds).
Asking $3,700. If it sells for the asking price, I can deliver it within 6 hours of Columbia, SC for the fuel costs.

Click to view attachment
bahnzai
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
bahnzai
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Sorry!! Will have to read up on how to rotate the pictures:)
914outlaw
PM sent

bahnzai
Click to view attachment

bahnzai
Click to view attachment
bahnzai
Click to view attachment
bahnzai
Click to view attachment
bahnzai
Click to view attachment
bahnzai
Click to view attachment
bahnzai
Click to view attachment
bahnzai
Click to view attachment
bahnzai
@v82go
got your PM but cannot respond.

"This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or their personal messenger inbox is full."
bahnzai
All PMs, emails, texts responded to.

Sold MrBMW2002, headed to California.

Thanks 914World
Cairo94507
Congratulations to the seller and the buyer; I think that was well bought. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.