Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EBAY V8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sean_v8_914
looks like a good start
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...B%3AWN%3AMT%3A1
Mueller
Felix posted this a few days ago, however I didn't realize that it was a somewhat local car.....seems like a decent start....
sean_v8_914
I dont think he will hit his reserve. I dont know what it is but my guess is 5k. I dont understand why a v8 914 would be left to rot for so long
neo914-6
Simple, the Jaide cooling system wouldn't work. The lines that they had you route over the wheel wells would hold air pockets. I've seen old Camaro radiators work so it wasn't that.

He also still had the BB Chevy w/p that Jaide designed metal tubes to the engine outlets. Nice work but not enough flow. They later changed to the "standard" Chrysler impeller.

The other one I found in the Bay Area 10 years ago had cooling problems and MikeP bought his non-running and quickly changed to Renegades cooling parts. That's 4 of 4 Jaide conversions that I know of non-running. 5 if you count the Meras that's sitting in storage.
GWN7
There is one running up here ...well 4 months of the year, when we have no snow biggrin.gif (yes when I see him again I will ask for details on the car)

BTW your filled lens went into the mail from Portland today.

beerchug.gif
Andyrew
If It wasnt for all the steel... I would build it to an autox v8 car...

If I could get my dad to agree..

neo914-6
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Jul 29 2005, 10:20 PM)
There is one running up here ...well 4 months of the year, when we have no snow biggrin.gif (yes when I see him again I will ask for details on the car)

BTW your filled lens went into the mail from Portland today.

beerchug.gif

Should I ask how they get from Winnepeg to Portland? I owe you at least a beer3.gif

Are you good with disassembling the three parts of a rear lense and regluing?

There was another local Porsche guy with a Jaide 915 but I lost contact with him after he "left" AMAT.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.