Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Toy and Lit show and So Cal all Porsche swap meet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Steve
piratenanner.gif
Good news!! It’s back again!! Toy and Lit show Saturday February 26th and the So Cal All-Porsche swap and car display Sunday February the 27th.
https://lalitandtoyshow.com/phone/related-events.html
Robarabian
Ill be there!!! It is always a great show!
ValcoOscar
A W E S O M E.....

I can possibly make my tiny guest house available that weekend. Anyone from the East Coast coming?

Oscar
VegasRacer
I haven't been in a few years. smilie_flagge6.gif
I think it is time for a road trip. driving.gif
elvira.gif See you there.

Edit: Looking at the map, I don't think I have ever done Carbon Canyon, Hwy 142, to Chino. shades.gif That will change.
I will be staying at the LAX Hilton on Friday night, if anybody is around for dinner? chowtime.gif
Steve
I have lunch reservations for the over priced ever so delicious hamburger at the 917 club at the Porsche Experience Center after the Toy and Lit Show.
Hoppie944s2
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jan 12 2022, 06:31 PM) *

A W E S O M E.....

I can possibly make my tiny guest house available that weekend. Anyone from the East Coast coming?

Oscar

That's a possibility if I can get off from work. PM me with details...cost etc.
Rob
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 14 2022, 05:24 AM) *

I have lunch reservations for the over priced ever so delicious hamburger at the 917 club at the Porsche Experience Center after the Toy and Lit Show.

A few of us are meeting up for lunch/ or dinner in Hollywood at Carneys Train on the Sunset Strip; no RSVP needed and xlnt menu...a good "Locals" joint.
John Williamson "Otto" (late) and I used to meet here on Saturdays for lunch ! beer.gif chowtime.gif
Click to view attachment
Steve
icon_bump.gif for @914SIXXation
dstudeba
For someone who has never been can someone describe the difference between the two days? I seems the first day is by LAX and the second day is out in Chino Hills.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(dstudeba @ Jan 19 2022, 09:45 AM) *

For someone who has never been can someone describe the difference between the two days? I seems the first day is by LAX and the second day is out in Chino Hills.

AFAIK...both days at the LAX Hilton =same great show. Chino to my knowledge is a June happening with the Friends of Steve McQueen car show.
Keep in mind that during "Lit Week" in SoCal there are many other Porsche + VW independent shops that open their doors for car exhibits, tours / show + tell driving.gif driving-girl.gif
Marty
Steve
Marty,
Check the link in the first post. Sunday is at the boys club in Chino hills.
Saturday is the lit show at the LA Hilton. The Lit show is pretty much anything you can put on a folding table. Literature, toys, gauges, steering wheels, etc. Sunday is a swap meet and car show. Usually you will see some of the same vendors from Saturday at Sundays event.
https://lalitandtoyshow.com/phone/related-events.html
Maltese Falcon
Ahh got it...McQueen is no longer in June @Steve !
Cruising driving.gif by Carneys on Sunset ¿ beerchug.gif
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jan 19 2022, 02:38 PM) *

Ahh got it...McQueen is no longer in June @Steve !
Cruising driving.gif by Carneys on Sunset ¿ beerchug.gif

Since the Phoenix club is gone they moved it to the Boys
Republic and they will still have the Steve McQueen show in June.
914-300Hemi
We will be at both events.
Chupee
QUOTE(Steve @ Jan 19 2022, 09:45 AM) *

WOW! What a journey with that car. since you're somewhat close to me. Who in La can sort these cars out WELL?

thx
Chupee
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jan 14 2022, 09:13 AM) *

A few of us are meeting up for lunch/ or dinner in Hollywood at Carneys Train on the Sunset Strip; no RSVP needed and xlnt menu...a good "Locals" joint.
John Williamson "Otto" (late) and I used to meet here on Saturdays for lunch ! beer.gif chowtime.gif
Click to view attachment

WHen is that? If I get this new 914 running right, would love to stop by and say hello!

I jsut called Ottos shop this morning as I was given his name by another tech. Of course I was told he had passed away back in 12 I believe.. sorry to hear!
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jan 14 2022, 07:13 AM) *

QUOTE(Chupee @ Jan 19 2022, 07:33 PM) *

When is that? If I get this new 914 running right, would love to stop by and say hello!

We will be gathering at Carneys in Hollywood for a late lunch after the Lit. & Toy Show.
2:00 pm. Saturday, Feb. 26th. beerchug.gif 8351 Sunset Blvd.
Steve

Click to view attachment

I will also meet you there with my daughter Sammy and her boyfriend Brandon.
Maltese Falcon
Saturday works out the best @VegasRacer and @Steve
...let's just confirm up on the time. They're open like 11am -130am + lots of indoor/ outdoor seating...so you guys have lots of time for LAX Hilton then Carneys. PM me and we driving-girl.gif driving.gif can all meet at the Railway!
Updated; come join us...
We're all planning to meet 1:30>2:00 pm on Saturday
02/26/22
Maltese Falcon
Bumpity driving.gif Bump driving-girl.gif for the 26th beerchug.gif
Steve
QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 15 2022, 04:09 PM) *

Click to view attachment

I will also meet you there with my daughter Sammy and her boyfriend Brandon.

Bummer, but I cannot attend the Saturday event and lunch. A friend of the family passed away from Covid and the funeral is the same day. I will still be at the Sunday car show and swap meet at the boys ranch in chino. Maybe we can meet up for lunch after Sundays event.
drem914
So who is attending which gatherings? Lots of shop open houses from Fallbrook to Los Angeles on Thursday and Friday, Saturday Swap meet, Car show on Sunday in Chino?
campbellcj
FWIW I'll probably miss Saturday but plan to be at the Sunday show in Chino - would be great to connect for lunch or whatnot
VegasRacer
QUOTE(drem914 @ Feb 20 2022, 10:05 AM) *

So who is attending which gatherings?

Sat morning, I will be at the LAX Hilton for the Lit. & Toy Show.
1:30 Saturday afternoon is lunch at Carneys in Hollywood.
Sunday morning for the Swap Meet and Car Show in Chino Hills.
I have no plans to attend any of the Open House events.
Steve
I will be at the LA Hilton Saturday morning, then afternoon funeral and then I will be at the chino boys club Sunday for the car show and swap meet. Fun weekend.
VegasRacer
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Feb 21 2022, 06:37 AM) *

... plan to be at the Sunday show in Chino - would be great to connect for lunch or whatnot

There is a Dickey's Barbeque Pit 3 miles up the road. 11748 Central Avenue, Chino, CA 91710.
I could go for a substantial lunch and debriefing before heading back to Vegas.

What time if good for lunch after the show?

Please make a suggestion if you know of a better venue.
mkinne
Is there a schedule for the Sunday event in Chino? confused24.gif

-M
VegasRacer
QUOTE(mkinne @ Feb 22 2022, 12:44 PM) *

Is there a schedule for the Sunday event in Chino?

The advertised times are 8:00 am to 3:00 pm.

$20. Swap Meet General Admission. (Cash only)

$10 Public Parking or $20 Porsche Corral Parking.
anglophone1
A couple of us from UK/Ireland are over for this event drunk.gif
Steve
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 22 2022, 09:17 AM) *

QUOTE(campbellcj @ Feb 21 2022, 06:37 AM) *

... plan to be at the Sunday show in Chino - would be great to connect for lunch or whatnot

There is a Dickey's Barbeque Pit 3 miles up the road. 11748 Central Avenue, Chino, CA 91710.
I could go for a substantial lunch and debriefing before heading back to Vegas.

What time if good for lunch after the show?

Please make a suggestion if you know of a better venue.

I'm a fan of Dickey's barbecue. I am usually done by noon at the swap meet.
Maybe shoot for 1pm?
VegasRacer
QUOTE(Steve @ Feb 23 2022, 06:59 AM) *

Dickey's Barbeque Pit 3 miles up the road. 11748 Central Avenue, Chino, CA 91710

I'm a fan of Dickey's barbecue. Maybe shoot for 1pm?

Perfect. beerchug.gif

Lunch at Dickey's. 1:00 Sunday. chowtime.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 23 2022, 07:04 AM) *

Dickey's Barbeque Pit 3 miles up the road. 11748 Central Avenue, Chino, CA 91710

Perfect. beerchug.gif

@Steve
@VegasRacer

I have other obligations for Saturday sad.gif but I'm in for Sunday fun, plus BBQ

driving.gif chowtime.gif beerchug.gif

Oscar

drem914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Feb 23 2022, 07:19 AM) *

QUOTE(VegasRacer @ Feb 23 2022, 07:04 AM) *

Perfect. beerchug.gif

@Steve
@VegasRacer

I have other obligations for Saturday sad.gif but I'm in for Sunday fun, plus BBQ

driving.gif chowtime.gif beerchug.gif

Oscar

We'll see you over there. beerchug.gif
eurotrash
Heading out to the swap on sunday and stoked on the new location which is 45 mins closer to my house! Loved it at the phoenix club but cant wait to see then new venue and hopefully grab some parts!
VegasRacer
QUOTE(anglophone1 @ Feb 22 2022, 09:45 PM) *

A couple of us from UK/Ireland are over for this event drunk.gif

Fantastic Clive, @anglophone1
Hopefully you can join us for lunch at Carneys on Saturday and Dickey's on Sunday.

Are you staying at the LAX Hilton? (I am) Any dinner plans for Friday night??? beerchug.gif
914-300Hemi
We will be at the boys republic on Sunday and Lit meet on Saturday.

We will join you guys for lunch on Sunday.
Steve
Restoration Design speedster at the Lit show today. Made out of all their panels. Pretty cool already sold.
I asked about the 914 and they said the market is not big enough yet, due to all the available cars still out there.
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
Met up with @VegasRacer and couple other local friends over at Carneys Train for lunch today. Food and camaraderie were on Point ! Looks like John scored a small piece of LeMans history right there number40_914.jpg
Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
My friend Dave's '58, this color orange was an original color choice back then smile.gif
Marty
Click to view attachment
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Feb 26 2022, 06:50 PM) *

Met up with @VegasRacer and couple other local friends over at Carneys Train for lunch today. Food and camaraderie were on Point ! Looks like John scored a small piece of LeMans history right there number40_914.jpg
Click to view attachment

Best looking wheels ever
Maltese Falcon
@VegasRacer surprised me with this Factory issued #40 postcard...many thanks John driving.gif
Absolutely gorgeous wheel/tire combo on John's Cayman @front yard mechanic ...Wheel Enhancement/ Inglewood CA. for the package (Dave Martin).
Click to view attachment
Steve
So many nice cars. Nice turnout!!
Click to view attachment
Nice lunch with everyone!!
Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
Made it home. driving.gif It was a very full and fun weekend.
It was great to see so many friends at the shows and lunches. beerchug.gif

I will dump my photos tomorrow. type.gif
These will have to hold you until then. popcorn[1].gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
Feeling Lucky.

Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
Hometown Tourist.

Click to view attachment
Seven Magic Mountains.
VegasRacer
Land of the Free. Home of the Brave.

Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
Angels Crest closed to thru traffic.

Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
LAX

Click to view attachment

VegasRacer
Conrad.

Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
Pikes Peak.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.